BISOTB?

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm the recipient of some bone-in, skin-on turkey breasts that've been wet-brined in a salt/sugar/MSG mix. Right now I have them drying in the fridge in an open 9x13 dish, and I plan on grilling them tomorrow (which could very well be today by the time some of you read this).

I'm leaning hard toward indirect at about 350-375F. They're probably about a pound or so each, but whomever cut them did a lousy job of leaving enough skin for a good wrap so I'm shying away from low and slow.

I'm thinking that about 90 minutes on the fire followed by 10-15 minutes of rest should get them to 160F with no problems. I don't recall ever doing a cook like this before, so I'm looking for some guidance. Thanks!

Thanks for the help, guys. I did a little more research and also decided that the breast halves are probably at least several pounds apiece, so at 20 min/lb. I'm thinking that putting them on the fire at 4 will allow us to eat at 6.

Thanks for the help, guys. I did a little more research and also decided that the breast halves are probably at least several pounds apiece, so at 20 min/lb. I'm thinking that putting them on the fire at 4 will allow us to eat at 6.
Don’t forget the rest time before slicing.

I should be able to get at least 30 minutes of rest time before they're sliced, maybe even more. I'm debating if I want to wrap them in foil and put them in a cooler like I do with pork butts, since that'd ruin any crispy skin. But they'd certainly keep warm and hold the juices, and not everyone cares for the skin anyway.

I should be able to get at least 30 minutes of rest time before they're sliced, maybe even more. I'm debating if I want to wrap them in foil and put them in a cooler like I do with pork butts, since that'd ruin any crispy skin. But they'd certainly keep warm and hold the juices, and not everyone cares for the skin anyway.
Exactly the dilemma. You’ll make the right call. Enjoy your turkey. It’s a great protein that’s simple to cook.

Back