Birthday Prime Rib

Chris Mills

TVWBB Fan
We celebrated my dad's 71st birthday today just hanging out and playing a bunch of card games like Wizard, Phase 10 and my parents current favorite game, Pegs and Jokers. BTW, P&J is a great game.

Games started around noon time, we had a ton of good snacks and beers were consumed before we eventually moved out to the backyard and just hung out by the campfire with cocktails.

I was tasked with cooking the prime rib which my mother picked up on Thursday. Simple rub of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, 3 hours @ 350 on the 18" WSM, rested for 30 minutes afterwards. Probably one of the best prime ribs I've done. We had a group of 8 for dinner and there was still a ton left over, but I figured there would be with a 6 rib, 11+lb cut of beef. The ribs will be turned into some awesome beef stock which will probably make it's way into a great beef stew sometime this winter. The leftover beef will be consumed as well, maybe for football sandwiches tomorrow...

primerib1.jpg

primerib2.jpg

primerib3.jpg

primerib4.jpg

primerib5.jpg

primerib6.jpg

That looks amazing. Nice job. Happy birthday to dad. And I'll have to look into that pegs n jokers game.

That leftover prime rib is way too good to make its way to stew. Heat a slice, put it in your food processor with some good warmed Q sauce,
break it down just a little and it makes a great leftover birthday sandwich for your dad. Sounds wacky, just try it!

I love the simple salt and pepper seasoning. My wifes family loves phase 10 so I have picked it up over the years! Happy 71 to your father! Looks like a fine meal!

That is one amazing PR, outstanding job and so yummy looking!! Happy Birthday to your Dad and many more to come.;)

Congrats to your Pop and congrats to you for nailing that PR, to me that is perfectly cooked and how I try to do mine every time

Back