Birthday butts

Mike M

TVWBB Member
I'm smoking 3 butts for my baby girl's first birthday party. They're trimmed, injected, rubbed and went on my 22 WSM 15 minutes ago. Now I need some coffee. Pics to follow

Foiled the butts at the five hour mark. Smokers been holding right around 275 all morning. I can't seem to get pics uploaded from my phone, but they'll be up soon!

Well the pulled pork from the birthday butts was a huge hit! In typical fashion, I made way too much, so I took one entire tray of meat to work for my coworkers to eat. I was surprised at how fast the meat cooked....I expected a 12 hour cook and they were done in about 8.5.

Finally able to get some pics up!!!

null_zpsa824ed93.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zps91874eaf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zpscf7a3e99.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zps8f0a983a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zpsfa7b61d5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zpsab372aed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zpsd8c050dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Serious smoke ring. I'm wondering about foiling earlier on too actually...

I was pleased with the smoke ring as well as the flavor from the bark. And since I foiled after only about 5 hours, the bark wasn't too thick or hard, so there weren't any unpleasant hard bits in with the rest of the meat after it was pulled. Last time I did a pork butt, I didn't foil at all, and the bark was really tough to bite into.

I don't know what looks better, nicely cooked pulled pork, or nicely cooked ribs. How about BOTH!!;) Nice job, Mike!!

Happy smokin':wsm:

Dale53

I don't know what looks better, nicely cooked pulled pork, or nicely cooked ribs. How about BOTH!!;) Nice job, Mike!!

Happy smokin':wsm:

Dale53

Thanks!!! I feel like I'm getting good at ribs and butts. My next meat to attempt is a whole brisket. Gonna try one in the next few weeks I hope!

Back