Biggest regret or mistake

Chad-Burnt to a T

TVWBB Super Fan
You have made letting go of or not buying. Mine has to be not getting the limited Glen Blue 26er.

In my market vtg grills are few and far between and usually extremely over priced so I never got into them much.

My biggest regret - my PK360 purchase - it's fantastic in many ways, but it's a hot mess to keep clean vs a Weber kettle. No idea why that bugs me so much, especially since keeping my patio clean is next to impossible with my dogs tracking mulch bits all over it 3 times a day. I guess once you fall in love with the shiny Weber paint job and ease of maintenance it's hard to accept anything else.

My biggest regret - my PK360 purchase - it's fantastic in many ways, but it's a hot mess to keep clean vs a Weber kettle. No idea why that bugs me so much, especially since keeping my patio clean is next to impossible with my dogs tracking mulch bits all over it 3 times a day. I guess once you fall in love with the shiny Weber paint job and ease of maintenance it's hard to accept anything else.
Never would have thought that. Why is it hard to keep the PK clean?

There was a fully loaded performer 22 last week. Blue, looked new. A bunch of extras. I don't really have room for it, but... It was gone quickly.

I'm more trying to find out what you wish you never let go or wish you would have bought and are now kicking yourself for not doing.

Did Grandpa, Dad, uncle or friend give you a gem that wasn't much then that now is and you let it go something like that. Or in my case not getting the Glen Blue or knowing about it quick enough. How about yard sales garage sale or auctions. I never was focused and I'm sure I let some gems go.

Never would have thought that. Why is it hard to keep the PK clean?
Joe - the two work surfaces that come with the PK are a high temp fiber reinforced plastic, which is fine, but the surface has a rough texture sort of like a waffle/grid, and when you rub your fingers over it, it feels kinda 80 grit sandpaper texture, so when (not if) you get some fine ashes down in there, or a little grease, it's really hard to get out. I cropped an old photo and included below so if you zoom in on it, you can see the "grid" and some debris that'll come off but you can also see some dusty looking grey stuff that is really down in the grid. I've tried every sort of cleaning utensil (tooth brushes, etc) and soap I have. You can certainly clean it, and it can look "OK" but I can't get anywhere near the "like new" clean that I want. Maybe I'll post something in a new thread to see if any other PK 360 owners have any tricks... PK's customer service has no answers. I have not tried removing the table sections and submerging in any sort of soap/solution, that would be easy enough to try but don't have much confidence in it.

1626530226453.png

Joe - the two work surfaces that come with the PK are a high temp fiber reinforced plastic, which is fine, but the surface has a rough texture sort of like a waffle/grid, and when you rub your fingers over it, it feels kinda 80 grit sandpaper texture, so when (not if) you get some fine ashes down in there, or a little grease, it's really hard to get out. I cropped an old photo and included below so if you zoom in on it, you can see the "grid" and some debris that'll come off but you can also see some dusty looking grey stuff that is really down in the grid. I've tried every sort of cleaning utensil (tooth brushes, etc) and soap I have. You can certainly clean it, and it can look "OK" but I can't get anywhere near the "like new" clean that I want. Maybe I'll post something in a new thread to see if any other PK 360 owners have any tricks... PK's customer service has no answers. I have not tried removing the table sections and submerging in any sort of soap/solution, that would be easy enough to try but don't have much confidence in it.

View attachment 32968
That is tough. The only 2 remedies I can think of is sanding smooth, or filling with epoxy, gelcoat, or similar. I may attempt an epoxy coat on my performer's metal table some time to stop it from rusting as others have done to the plastic ones.

Regrets, I've had a few, but then again... oops, sorry, just spaced out for a moment there. I guess I regret the time I wasted trying to cook on a Brinkmann Gourmet before I finally bought a WSM. On the other hand, all that frustration made me appreciate the WSM all the more. 😁

I bought 2 performer.
The first one I clicked the wrong box and ended up without the gas assist and I couldn’t cancel the order 15 minutes later for some reason.
I then bought another for our cabin with the gas assist.
After a few cooks I realized that I didn’t need a gas assist for the cooking I do.
A paper towel with some cooking oil works just fine especially at 4:00 am when I like to start a long cook.

This would have been the right time to buy a WSM because I am currently on unemployment :(.

To be honest, grilling/bbq-wise, no regrets. Everything that I did wrong, everything that I bought wrong, taught me valuable lessons that has led me to where I'm at today, although I am still trying to perfect the art. It's part of the journey and part of the fun.

Charlie

I was regretting not buying the really nice PK360 that was on FB Marketplace a few weeks ago for $450......... After reading this thread maybe I don't have any regrets.

Regrets, I've had a few, but then again... oops, sorry, just spaced out for a moment there. I guess I regret the time I wasted trying to cook on a Brinkmann Gourmet before I finally bought a WSM. On the other hand, all that frustration made me appreciate the WSM all the more. 😁
This^^!

So no one here let a gem go or had a chance at a gem and didn't act on it? I was hoping for some good funny stories of agony and misery and no I don't need the hee haw version.

So no one here let a gem go or had a chance at a gem and didn't act on it? I was hoping for some good funny stories of agony and misery and no I don't need the hee haw version.
Many years ago someone posted a Kettle from the Weber restaurant in Chicago on craigslist. It might of been a second or didn't meet standards, but I missed out by a few minutes.
It looked like this.
1626560536102.png

Back