Big Weekend Cook, Prep Day #1

Aaron Legge

TVWBB Fan
Committed to cooking for 20 people, mostly SWMBOs work crowd on Saturday. Picked up two 10lb Boston Butts and a 7lb brisket flat on Saturday from the farmers market. Took them out of the chest freezer tonight to thaw in the fridge.
img_0066_thumb.jpg

Stopped at the Bulk Barn to get spices and Turbinado sugar for my rubs. Going to do Renowned Mr. Brown and Braggin' Rights Brisket from Smoke and Spice. Everything for under $7, I love buying in bulk.
img_0054_thumb.jpg

In addition to the meats I decided on making Struttin' Sauce and Colonel Mustard Barbecue Sauce, also from Smoke and Spice.
img_0059_thumb.jpg

img_0060_thumb.jpg

The house now smells like a barbecue restaurant but I think homemade sauces will be a nice touch this weekend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">mostly SWMBOs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Single White Males with Body Odor???
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charles Howse:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">mostly SWMBOs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Single White Males with Body Odor???
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close! She Who Must Be Obeyed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
mostly SWMBOs

Single White Males with Body Odor??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has to be some of that Tennessee sense of humor, I bout fell outta my chair laughing at this.

You're gonna have lots of left-overs, and I recommend bbq nachos.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Seriously though, you might want to check in advance and make sure those big butts are completely thawed. Sometimes it can seem to take forever if the fridge door isn't opened that much, and it WILL stretch a cook out if they're still frozen in the middle.

Good luck,
Dave

Back