Big price drop in spare ribs at Sams

I was in Wally World yesterday, Tyson spare ribs $1.94/lb. Trim them down to St. Louis style & have extra meat for sausage making.

These went straight into the freezer. The one's that I have had in the past weren't to bad, decent amount of meat with just enough fat for flavor.

I picked up some nice spare ribs today at Walmart for $1.74 per pound.
I wasn’t even there for meat but I just couldn’t pass that up.

Just got in from Sams, bought pork spare ribs $2.68 and they did not have very many left.

At my grocer this morning , spare ribs $3.50 , choice brisket $3.98 , and I have no idea what this is , it looks like a brisket flat, heavily trimmed. This particular grocer has a history of coming up with crazy labels on meat.

20210718_094114.jpg

Pork Spare Ribs at Sams , $2.58 a pound. Getting down to more reasonable prices.

My local grocery still high , $3.48 , Hormel All Natural non enhanced

20210801_102853.jpg

WM seems to always have (2) pack frozen Smithfield spares, $1.74/lb. or $17-$19/pack. I can't believe I put them back down yesterday, but I need to check the freezer space first, before I go back for some. BB are still at $3.24/lb.

WM seems to always have (2) pack frozen Smithfield spares, $1.74/lb. or $17-$19/pack. I can't believe I put them back down yesterday, but I need to check the freezer space first, before I go back for some. BB are still at $3.24/lb.

The Smithfield I saw at WalMart were enhanced. Some don't have a problem with that, but I'd rather have control over how the ribs are seasoned.

No one in this board would bbq anymore if they lived here in Ontario..............:cautious:
I'm not happy with what I pay but there is not a lot I can do. Everything is expensive around here...everything.
While I used to be able to save money, since COVID hit my savings account is down a lot. Like in the considerably high 4 digit area......

The Smithfield I saw at WalMart were enhanced. Some don't have a problem with that, but I'd rather have control over how the ribs are seasoned.
1628196129021.png

I just looked these up online, I don't see any wording about being enhanced, maybe something on the back of the package.

Maybe that's not the ones I saw at Walmart, but the ones I looked at in person, were enhanced.

If not enhanced, that's a good price.

Just came back from Costco in Prescott
Pork belly $4.59 lb.
Baby Backs $3.59 lb.
Spares $2.70 lb.
Pork loin $2.79 lb.
Choice brisket $4.99lb.
Frozen chicken wings $2.89 lb.

Went to Sams yesterday evening ..............

Spare ribs $2.50
Baby Backs $6.00
Pork Butt $1.68
Prime Brisket $3.95

Prices are getting back to near normal, but then, they'll probably go up again.

I felt the same way until I watched this video:
If they're good enough for Harry Soo, they're good enough for me. Used them several times after watching, always with great results.

I felt the same way until I watched this video:

If they're good enough for Harry Soo, they're good enough for me. Used them several times after watching, always with great results.

All due respect to Harry Soo and the other comp cooks, but I prefer to control the amount of seasoning, salt, whatever, that goes on my ribs. Comp cooking is a whole nother world.

Back