Best tool I've bought for restoring Weber's? Rockwell Jawhorse gets my vote.

Still open box. And some stores will give discounts. Can't hurt to ask. But yah, I would love one of those things. Just isn't in the budget right now.

I've had a EK9003 for about 6 months and have used it for various projects. Got if off CL new in box for $100. My two workmates (one I've had since the 80's) work great, but did not open wide enough to hold several projects like kitchen cabinet doors, etc. I've resisted using it on my 2007 Genesis cook box to get it back in square from warping. So far, I've been able to get the warp (both front & rear) back so my grates don't want to fall in just using a rubber mallet. I don't want to over torque the box with the jawhorse and possible crack the box. The photos do look great for refurbs!

I have an RK9003 sitting in the garage compliments my wife and Christmas. I (she) got it at Menards for $99 on clearance with 11% off for less than $90 before taxes.
I won't really have a chance to use it until next spring, but I am still excited to set it up and check it out.

Bruce:

Congratulations on your early Christmas present! You'll find it to be a versatile tool for a lot of projects. One word of caution, the end jaw doesn't have a stop and will come completely off the jawhorse with momentum if it had been stuck like mine when brand new. Some glad it missed my foot when launched. I still haven't disassembled my 2007 Genesis to try the Jawhorse on my firebox. Rubber mallet still doing the trick.

Yah, Sam, that is a good price. I wonder how they can sell them for that when they have to pay shipping. Those things are pretty darn heavy.

Is there a way to adjust the pressure on the clamps by not pushing the foot lever all the way through? I am thinking of using that jawhorse as bike stand for my recumbent bicycle but I don't want to clamp the full clamp force on my bike frame.

Is there a way to adjust the pressure on the clamps by not pushing the foot lever all the way through? I am thinking of using that jawhorse as bike stand for my recumbent bicycle but I don't want to clamp the full clamp force on my bike frame.

Yes, there is. Push down on the locking switch, then apply a little pressure with your foot.
The harder you push, the more pressure that is applied.
This is a great tool, and will come in very handy for anyone flipping many grills.

I got one sitting in the garage as my Christmas present from the wife. I can't open it until Christmas and then it will be another 4 months or so before I can really use it on my grills.

Well for now and the foreseeable future except for a new blade for my 12" chop saw good. I am sure I will love the Jawhorse and my Workmate served me very well over the years hope the Pegasus does the same different uses good to have both.

I am pretty lucky wife wise when it comes to tools she never complains about them as there have been so many projects over the last 30 years she kind of gets why I have so many since it has benefited her and the kids for projects which there was no need to pay anyone to do them. I did all my baseboard over downstairs going to 5 1/4 years ago actually we added hardwood in the upstairs hallway last year so took that on to replace all of the upstairs as well.

I think that Dewalt chop saw is probably 20 years old and still runs like a top as they say actually was kind of hoping it might die by now as I really would like to have the sliding version and the funny thing is I bought it used from a guy who did his basement over sold it for $150 bucks and it was 7 mos old.

LOL, I can relate to all that Brian. All my tools have paid for themselves over the years.

Hey, I almost forgot about this. I got my jawhorse from the wife for Christmas but just opened it about a week or so ago since my grill rehabbing didn't start until then. Wow, this thing is better than I though. It makes my work a lot easier and quicker. It is a better piece of equipment than I thought it was. I won't have any problem getting my moneys worth out of it.

I got the same reaction when I bought my Jawhorse off CL last summer. Wife thought I was crazy since I already had two Workmates back when they had real wood tops from the early 80's. Both the Jawhorse & Workmates have their appropriate functions depending on what the project is. Spring/summer project this year is going to be re-doing our hot tub frame and decking. The whole thing is circa 1996, so I can't complain. Over the last 10 years, we've replaced both pumps and a bunch of the nozzles. The climate here is tough on wood. Next winter will be time for a new cover.

Hey, I almost forgot about this. I got my jawhorse from the wife for Christmas but just opened it about a week or so ago since my grill rehabbing didn't start until then. Wow, this thing is better than I though. It makes my work a lot easier and quicker. It is a better piece of equipment than I thought it was. I won't have any problem getting my moneys worth out of it.

Bruce,
I told ya ;)
I use mine all the time and am currently using it to replace the bearings on my Hayward Pool Pump...c'mon warm weather.

Jeff

Back