Best off the shelf rubs for chicken & steak?

Kosmos Q Dirty Bird and Plowboys Yardbird ............. are the two best rubs I've found for chicken.

And schmear your yardbirds with squeeze butter, get it up under the skin, makes a big diff in flavor.

A good brand of lemon pepper on chicken can be good if you can keep the flames down, I love Suckle Busters 1836 on anything beef, just bought 2 more bottles in another city lol was almost out so mini road trip just for it . I haven't had any bad rubs from them, I did have a chicken rub from SB but forgot the name, to be honest I prefer to inject chicken in order to get flavor inside , zesty Italian dressing to marinate 24 hrs is really good with chicken or steak for the record.

I'm a Dizzy Pig fan boy. I use Dizzy Dust frequently on chicken (and pork), Raising the Steaks on beef, and Red Eye Express on just about anything. Chris has developed an extensive line of really creative, fresh rubs.

R

I like McCormick's Montreal chicken on poultry and it is equally good on taters, vegs. I like to add a chunk of alder, really works well with poultry.;)
Weber's Kickin Chickn is a close second.
Tim

On steaks, I really like Meat Church Holy Cow , and then Montreal steak seasoning , followed by Kosmos Q's Cow Cover + SPG.

For steak I like Dizzy Pig “Cow Lick” with some Himalayan pink salt added in. For chicken, I am still searching and will probably try a couple recommendations here. I do like a base coat of a basic mild red bbq rub like Lambert’s “Sweet Rub O’Mine” topped off with The Shack “Clucking Awesome.”

It's not exactly a rub, but when I don't feel like making something from scratch my OTS go-to is a seasoned salt like Lawry's or Morton.

Chupacabra
Regular black label.
Wing Wub.
Chicolicious ( can't spell )

Trager has some good chicken ones.

But I like spicy so jerk chicken for me..😳

Back