BEST MEATLOAF

Chuck Dugas

TVWBB Pro
Now that I know how to post pictures,Here are the pictures from the meat loaf I did last week.They were the BEST.
ShantysldeMeatloaf015.jpg

ShantysldeMeatloaf016.jpg

ShantysldeMeatloaf017.jpg

ShantysldeMeatloaf018.jpg

Hey Chuck,

I did two meatloafs yesterday on the WSM (per Chris's recipe). They were my first meatloaf cook. Used 2 lb ground beef and 1 lb ground pork for each loaf. The one we ate was unbelievable. I don't think the second one will last through the week... Love that meatloaf.

Thanks for posting these excellent pics. Maybe one day I will learn how to post pics.
icon_smile.gif
(just now figuring out smiley faces...)

Just curious, how did you punch those holes in your pan? I poked holes in my pan using an ice pick and they were smallish and pretty sharp on bottom... They worked but I would rather have had bigger, cleaner holes.

All the best,
Tom

Lovely looking meatloaf man! If you havent done so yet, try Ole Man Jim's meatloaf. I've used this recipe (to varying degrees) many times and have turned many "meatloaf non-believers" in to mealoaf lovers.

Brandon

Great timing! My wife made meatloaf Sunday and it wasn' very good. She was pretty embarassed. I told her I'd do it on the WSM next time.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thanks for the inspiration.

For the record, her meatloaf is usually pretty darned good.
icon_smile.gif

Dang that looks good (as Im sipping coffee at 7:45AM) I like to add a little bit of pork and Italian sausage..really adds some nice flavor.

Paul,I used the Basic Meat loaf on this site. I added 1/2 green pepper,1/2 sweet onion,and 20 squares of crackers.Butcher asked if I wanted the meat all mixed in.and he did. Mike,I add 4 strips of bacon on top when I do it in the oven.It also is very good. NOW I GETTING HUNGRY!! Chuck...

Back