Best cash back credit cards.

Haha I always think your a Dodger fan with that LA.
Look, I almost typed a long *** post, but seriously, to each their own.
Sounds like you keep it simple, I wish I had that option. Best to ya.
No problems here my friend. Sports I know nothing about, only cooking and woodworking. I was raised on that guy on the radio so I like to poke a little fun. I’ll stop with the poking and lets get back to the grillaxin. 👍🏻

WE ALL DID - in the beginning! Some of us are just too old to remember back that far. 😉
(Talking about myself - no one else.)
I can remember using one credit card to pay another, it got that bad for me., but I won't bore you with my tale of indebtedness...but merely suggest that there is no one more intolerant of indebtedness than someone who has seen the bottom of that pit and crawled out of it.

I can remember using one credit card to pay another, it got that bad for me., but I won't bore you with my tale of indebtedness...but merely suggest that there is no one more intolerant of indebtedness than someone who has seen the bottom of that pit and crawled out of it.

Been there, done that. Will never do it again, and neither will my child if I have anything to do with it.

I didn't realize how much of a debt load I had until I hurt my back and was out of work for 3 months following my 3rd and (hopefully) last back surgery. I was the only wage earner at the time and my wife, up to that point a full-time mom to 3 young children, rejoined the workforce to work at Target while I recuperated. We signed up for Food Stamps. We had our first and only late mortgage payment. I used credit cards to make payments. You do what you have to do to keep it all together.

I didn't realize how much of a debt load I had until I hurt my back and was out of work for 3 months following my 3rd and (hopefully) last back surgery. I was the only wage earner at the time and my wife, up to that point a full-time mom to 3 young children, rejoined the workforce to work at Target while I recuperated. We signed up for Food Stamps. We had our first and only late mortgage payment. I used credit cards to make payments. You do what you have to do to keep it all together.
Amen! Glad it worked out, backs are the worst!!

I have not carried a credit card balance for 50 years.

Back in 1971, I built my first house. After scraping together every cent we had and doing "sweat equity" until we were exhausted, I was still $1000 short of down payment for closing. I had a Visa with a $400 credit limit. I called them and got them to increase it to $1000. Took a cash advance and closed on the house. Took a few years to pay that off as it was a $50 minimum payment and I did not have the money, so I just charged about $50 every month. Once I increased my income and paid it off, I never carried a balance again.

Yeah, the cost difference of that house today is pretty staggering.
We had a 7% mortgage back then and felt lucky when in a few years, you could not get one at twice that rate. We built the new house because we did not have the down payment for an existing one. No way to work it of like in the new one. I do not think anyone will allow that now.

Everyone should have the Costco Executive membership. It costs $60 more. You get 2% back on your Costco purchases plus a few other benefits. What most people do not understand is that if you do not earn at least $60 in rewards, Costco will credit you $60 anyway all you do is ask. You have nothing to lose.
I need to amend this. Costco changed their policy and they no longer credit you the $60 toward your next executive renewal. I learned this today as I went to cash my less than $60 check and renew. What they did do is downgrade my membership to standard and credit $60 to the renewal. I no longer get the 2% back on purchases there, but you need to spend $3000 a year to break even and unless I make a large purchase, I no longer get there. Just a FYI.

I need to amend this. Costco changed their policy and they no longer credit you the $60 toward your next executive renewal. I learned this today as I went to cash my less than $60 check and renew. What they did do is downgrade my membership to standard and credit $60 to the renewal. I no longer get the 2% back on purchases there, but you need to spend $3000 a year to break even and unless I make a large purchase, I no longer get there. Just a FYI.
if you travel and use CostcoTravel.com you can still make the $3k, possibly, depending on your travel expenses, IIRC. That includes car rentals, vacations, cruises or whatever else CostcoTravel sells.

if you travel and use CostcoTravel.com you can still make the $3k, possibly, depending on your travel expenses, IIRC. That includes car rentals, vacations, cruises or whatever else CostcoTravel sells.
Booked a trip to Hawaii, $7k glad I upgraded to executive.

I totally forgot about Costco Travel. I am going to look into that for our possible trip to Italy this summer. Though that won't happen if current restrictions about entering US are not lifted. When will this lunacy end?

Well Costco travel is useless. All they will allow is to book total vacation "packages" with all types of frills I don't need/want

Well Costco travel is useless. All they will allow is to book total vacation "packages" with all types of frills I don't need/want
Fact.
The only discount that's any good is for car rentals. You can get better vacation discounts on your own.

Back