Bequeathed Weber Genesis Silver C LP

As everyone else has stated you have a great grill there for restoration.

Here's a link to a parts company I've used for stainless grates, flavorizors, igniters and such. Their stainless grates and flavorizors are very high quality at lower prices.

https://www.bbqparts.com/silverc.htm

On another note, I got the not secure message earlier also. Not sure why but it went away. Chris is working on moving the forum. Maybe that had something to do with the message but I'm not sure.

Sorry everyone. The secure SSL certificate for the forum expired today. For some reason, I did not get a renewal reminder like I did last year. Once I became aware of the problem around 8:45pm it took about an hour to get things fixed.

I would not waste much time on that lid. It has fade badly, it is chipped on the porcelain so just look around for another. Maybe even another member here who is close to you can help you out there. I would just knock off the loose carbon inside and use it until you find a good replacement. In the future if you buy stuff from RCPlanebuyer avoid Ebay. He sells cheaper if you go to his SF Craiglist ads. Once he knows you he'll deal direct and you save about 10% off Ebay. Hopefully someone here can remember his Craigslist link.

I would not waste much time on that lid. It has fade badly, it is chipped on the porcelain so just look around for another. Maybe even another member here who is close to you can help you out there. I would just knock off the loose carbon inside and use it until you find a good replacement. In the future if you buy stuff from RCPlanebuyer avoid Ebay. He sells cheaper if you go to his SF Craiglist ads. Once he knows you he'll deal direct and you save about 10% off Ebay. Hopefully someone here can remember his Craigslist link.

Just search the Craigslist San Francisco area for Weber flavor bars.... You can find his ad, but I've sent him a couple emails and gotten no response. Was going to order SS grates from him since I liked his flavor bars, but will probably get those off Amazon instead.

Kyle,
If you are ok with Dave/rcplanebuyer's price I would be patient, especially this holiday time. I can guarantee you will be extremely happy with his grates. There are cheaper and still very good alternatives but none better that I know of. Made in America by an American craftsman who appreciates Weber grills and people like us who are fanatics about them.

Here is a link to a comparison I did of a bunch of stainless grate options. It might help in evaluating what you want and the costs of different choices:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78876-Stainless-Steel-Grate-Throw-down-Challenge-Results

Last edited:
RCP changes his CL adds all the time so it is hard to track them down. But, here is his latest one. Just contact him through this CL add. It doesn't matter that the add isn't for what you are looking for. Just tell him what your grill is and what you are looking to replace on it (SS Rod grates or flavorizer bars or etc...). This way, he won't have to pay Ebay fees and will pass some of the savings on to you.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/d/weber-flavor-bars-and-grates/7032753364.html

Also, I agree with Larry on the lid. Just clean the porcelain part of the lid up a little and use it until you find a good replacement that isn't chipped.

Thanks everybody for your help. I was hoping to grill up a couple of steaks for NYE, and was excited about getting the grill cleaned up and ready to go. I scrubbed the heck out of it with simple green, got everything looking pretty good. Checked the burners and cleaned them up a little bit, and the cross burner snapped right in half!

The 3 actual burners themselves appear to be in OK shape, but I'm just going to call it a day and get the whole new burner system. I decided to keep the flavorizor bars (the ceramic ones are from weber, and OEM) so I'll run them until I don't. Oh, and the new grill cover is much smoother to put on, my weber one was stiff and cracking, threw it away. I went with a King Kong grill cover on Amazon, and the price was right and it gets the job done.

Isaac, you can get a good set of burners with crossover tube on Amazon for about $20. Don't pay weber prices for them. The aftermarket ones are quite good.

Back