Beer Ribs, anyone?

Gene B

TVWBB Fan
I have been cooking but not posting...so I'm spending my dreary day (sun is not shining) inside.

I 've lately become anamored with big 'ol beef ribs. Not usually a beef guy, I just love the flavor of smoked ribs, and so does the missus.

The litle 3" wide ribs w/o discernable meat really turned me off, so i found the premium meat store Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad has the real deal...Dino Bones!!

P1011314.jpg

At $3.49 did I overpay? Hard to find a cut like this! They come 3 to a cryovac or you can buy just one, mix n match.

P1011305.jpg

All rubbed up

P1011316.jpg

Well, expriencing photo difficulty with the finished ribs...leave it for a sunny day.

Oops, forgot the best part!!! (actually it was a typo, then I couldn't find the finished ribs shots, I'm a veritable mess!)

Iron Fist IS the best part, BTW!

P1010908-1.jpg

i was buying huge meaty beef back ribs for 99 cents per pound about 4 years ago.
the same place, the next year, up to 1.49 lb
the following year 1.99
now, today i bought two full racks at 3.29lb, same place. Not shiners, full beef and, in my opinion, well worth the price.
The reason: they are harder to find than gold on the sidewalk. Most butchers won't sell beef back ribs.

I'll gladly take both beer and beef ribs. They seem a little pricey, but considering that's all prime rib meat, maybe it's a bargain?

nice looking ribs!!!! The best place I have found beef ribs is at Northgate Mexican Market. Their beef ribs actually have meat on them. I believe there is one in Vista. They don't have them all of the time but when they do I stock up on them

Im i the last person on this planet to eat Beef ribs???:confused:

Looks like your in for some fine dining Gene!

I have a rack stashed in the freezer ... I'm guessing they will be making an appearance before too long. The growler on the right looks interesnting ... what was the flavor of the day?

I can't believe you left us hanging! Those are some awesome looking ribs! I'm sure they cooked up great!

Im i the last person on this planet to eat Beef ribs???:confused:

Looks like your in for some fine dining Gene!

You've gotta try it - they're like steak on a stick!

IMHO (& not very experienced), they may be prime candidates for the reverse sear... cooked a little more like steak & a little less than baby backs, at least that's what I thought the last time I cooked up some shiners.

nice looking ribs!!!! The best place I have found beef ribs is at Northgate Mexican Market. Their beef ribs actually have meat on them. I believe there is one in Vista. They don't have them all of the time but when they do I stock up on them

Thanks John, I'll look for that Northgate market...good San Diego tip, to be sure!!

I have a rack stashed in the freezer ... I'm guessing they will be making an appearance before too long. The growler on the right looks interesnting ... what was the flavor of the day?

Flavor of the day is Golden Age...a Belgian style Strong Ale with some Golden delicious juice in it...about 9% alky and all Belgian grown hops...highest qual beer on the planet.

Yeah, I think steak on a stick about sums it up!! yummy

Back