Beer Can Pizza Part II

Wayne_R

TVWBB All-Star
Been a year and a half since I tried this and decided to give it another go. Ended up being a complete disaster....

Ingredients
IMG_7861.jpg

Pizza
IMG_9502.jpg

Beer can lifter
IMG_9231.jpg

Going
IMG_7662.jpg
IMG_76621.jpg

Then something started happening which did not occur on my first cook. Cans started melting
icon_eek.gif
. Used lump on this cook and the 1st one I used Kingsford. Too much heat me thinks.
IMG_3802.jpg
IMG_6787.jpg

Got ceramic off and direct on the grate without burning myself too much and then the stone cracks
icon_rolleyes.gif

IMG_7636.jpg

Still give it the old college try. Pizza on...even though stuck on peel and got all messed up...one of those days/cooks
IMG_7636.jpg

Off

IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_9492.jpg

What's left of the stone

IMG_1170.jpg

Dough was chewey and not done all the way. oh well, time for a few of these

IMG_2862.jpg

Next time I'll try Daniel's method.

Somedays you eat the bear, somedays the bear eats you.

At least the pizza looks good and it'll go well with the cervezas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Looks GREAT Wayne!!
Try using FULL cans of Tecate next time
icon_razz.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was thinking the same thing but "empty" them first and fill with water...or maybe sand.

Way to hang in there Wayne! The show must go on, right?

im sorry i couldnt help but laughing as i was reading..... crazy huh when everything seems to go wrong?

but as everyone said, the pizza really does look good.

next time..... next time....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Becky M-M:
im sorry i couldnt help but laughing as i was reading..... crazy huh when everything seems to go wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

guilty as charged!
icon_biggrin.gif

This post made my day...Both Emilie and I laughed and cried reading it. Im really sorry for the loss of the stone.

Not every cook goes according to the plan. But Love and respect for posting this one.

I would think that may beer cans filled with water would take all the heat away from the stone. Maybe try using soup cans next time or go bet some fire bricks.

Back