beer can for BC chicken

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
I just saw a show on TV about the history of beer “for personal education of course”, that stated “all beer cans” have an inner liner.
This is why I stopped using Coors cans for BC chicken. I did not think everyone had can liners. This kinda bothers me.
I have always tried to make my “Q” as pure as possible “lump coal, chimney starter, barkless wood, etc...”. What kind can am I supposed to use now??

Sometime technology can be a real pain in the ole seat meat!!

If you're that worried about it you can get a verticle chicken roaster that has a place for you to put the liquid/beer and aromatics in instead of using a beer can. Link for you.

Thanks Bryan,
No, I am not worried about it. I’m just bitching about technology. You really can’t call that contraption a genuine “beer can”. 26 bucks, for what? I am sure a lot of die hard BCC enthusiasts have at least one beer in the fridge that could perform this duty with out special after market equipment to perform this task. I myself usually have at least 6 to 24 on stand-by just as back up. I am just pointing out a simple basic tradition that is on its way out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmfast:
Thanks Bryan,
No, I am not worried about it. I’m just bitching about technology. You really can’t call that contraption a genuine “beer can”. 26 bucks, for what? I am sure a lot of die hard BCC enthusiasts have at least one beer in the fridge that could perform this duty with out special after market equipment to perform this task. I myself usually have at least 6 to 24 on stand-by just as back up. I am just pointing out a simple basic tradition that is on its way out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well if you're talking about liners in cans, they've been in there for many years now. Soda cans have them in also. Well it's not really a liner as much as it's a spray coating on the inside of the can. I only ever made BCC once, I'm a Roadside guy.
icon_biggrin.gif

As Bryan stated, linings in cans have been around for a while.
Talk about technology, I remember my dad using a church key to open a can of Bud.
icon_biggrin.gif

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What kind can am I supposed to use now?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You could also use nothing at all. There is nothing BC chicken has that can't be created without the can, and there are several things you can do that are better suited to not cooking upright.

Back