Beef Ribs thanks for the help

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello all, about a week ago I asked for advice on beef ribs, and I now can share the results

Found a cryo at walmart and then went to Publix where they were cutting ribeyes so they were able to cut me some good ribs
Kept the rub simple S&P, garlic and onion powder, cumin, and Thyme

Ribs on the left were the fresh cut

4 racks fit nice and the 22.5

used Hickory and Mesquite and we have smoke

Spritz with Minors beef base and Worcestershire

I finished with a lite sauce and probably left the on about 45 min to long kinda lost track of time, cooked 5 1/2 hr

Thanks again for the tips I received to make this cook a success, I can truly say I will be doing beef ribs allot more in the future, they were full of flavor
Dave

Yes Chris the fresh cut ribs did not pull back as much and were more moist. I spoke with the meat manager and he filled out a special order form and told me whenever they cut lots of rib eyes he will save me full racks

Gorgeous, Beef ribs are a favorite of mine. The pics are awesome and very appetizing, i can taste the ribs just looking at them!

Dave, I'm curious about your cooking temp. They look great by the way, especially the rack of custom cut. You rendered them really well too. Congratulations.

Gotta like those fine looking beef ribs. I find them quite a rich main course, but they are SO good.

Nice job.

Dave, a couple of things look mouthwatering. First those ribs look wonderful. It seems like when I cook beef ribs I end up with very little meat and it's kind of a let down. Yours look great. Second, at 17 below zero here in Montana, your green background looks equally delicious!

Back