Beef and reef!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Howdy folks been slacking the last few nites! Busy with boats and gear! Pulled some pots today and got a little dinner tonight!

Started with some fresh (still kicking) coon stripes!
[IMG:top]
cf8022c5.jpg
[/IMG]
And a few of these!
a2435028.jpg
[/IMG]
Ran out of propane so I am multitasking the weber today as a crab cooker!
715675df.jpg
[/IMG]
Crab cooked,cooled and iced!!
92f82520.jpg
[/IMG]
Reds on again!
46b20291.jpg
[/IMG]
Little top sirloin at the flip!
74e50dbd.jpg
[/IMG]
Shrimp On!!!
693b944e.jpg
[/IMG]
And a plate with cilantro mayo on the taters and my wife's fabulous spicy corn!!!
2f5a70f7.jpg
[/IMG]
Yep all the reef was wiggling just a few hours ago and is now on my plate!!!love Alaska! Oh ya am sure you all now what I'm drinking!!

Have a great week!!!

Take care!

Wow, that is an awesome meal! There is nothing like seafood that fresh. I've never been to Alaska but a plate like that may get me up there.

I'd give anything to get my hands on some of those shrimp with the heads still on. I'll never forget the time in Italy when we had fresh shrimp cooked over grape vines and the cook got us to suck all the goodness out of the heads. The taste is to die for!

Great cook Morgan!

Wow!Great looking feast.
That's a big crab...well, at least compared to the blue crabs we get around here. What kind is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
Wow!Great looking feast.
That's a big crab...well, at least compared to the blue crabs we get around here. What kind is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a Dungeness crab to me.

Fantastic cook & meal, Morgan.

That is just Awesome! You live in a beautifull place sir! Fresh cought like that is hard to beat. Love it all!

Thanks folks for the nice response! It was a fun cook!

Don these are (like Jim H said) dungeness crab! Smallest of our local harvestable crab(hoping for some king crab in July and u will really see some crab).They average 7 to 8 inches and about 2 to 3 pounds! The one my boy was holding was about 10 inches and maybe four pounds! Pretty good one. I wish I had gotten a better picture but the crab was trying to get free from his capivity at the time!

Stuart I have never tried the heads and if the get any smaller I may be trying soon!

Daniel thanks for the great complement! This is a beautiful place to live!

Thanks again take care!!

Morgan, what is your address again?
icon_smile.gif

I just checked and I can drive to Juneau in 2 days and 14 hours, and should arrive by the weekend.

Terrific cook and post!

Morgan, All looks Great! I did a double-take with the crab and a snow covered mountain in the background. It did not compute here in the swamp.
icon_biggrin.gif

Man!!!!! What I wouldn't do for a plate like that! I bet the salmon and hally's are plentiful too. Please keep sharing those great pictures!

Homer Alaska; A drinking town with a fishing problem.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back