Be careful when uncovering your grill

I think the spider did crap on my kettle. There were little white dots in several spots around the rim of the lid. But for some reason I had more respect for the spider and less for the mouse. I think of the mouse as being dirty and disease-ridden, and it climbed up under the cover of my grill TWICE and brought nuts up in there to eat and then CRAPPED all over the work surfaces and condiment holders, which caused me a lot of cleaning. On the other hand, the black widow was killing other spiders and wrapping them up into neat little packages among it's disorganized web...and then there were the little white dots of poop or whatever.

I just want nature to leave my grills alone. :)

Me too. The mice and spiders have a few acres to poop on so they need to stay off my porch.

My old house and old grill 3 times removed , was once a winter abode for a Rat! ( hey, it was under a covered porch, out of the wind and had a grill cover on it....)Who ate the lava rocks and burnt scrapings from the bottom until he was permanently removed with a XXL trap and said grill was scrubber and scoured prior to use in the spring

I had a mouse run out of my Genesis when I opened the door one day. The next day I lifted the lid, and there he was again, on top of the burner covers, feasting off the underside of my grates. I opened the door under the grill, turned on a burner to low on the opposite side of the grill from the little feller, and in about 30 seconds saw a gray streak tear out of the open cabinet door. Too bad I missed out on an hors d'oeuvre.

I discovered that it was getting in through a 3" or so diameter hole in the back of the grill cabinet. I crumpled up 3 or 4 of the curly steel-wool balls from my grill scraper and stuffed them in the hole. They can't chew on that stuff. It's been almost a year and I haven't have a problem since.

Last edited:
Mickey burgers look pretty good.

img_1207.jpg

Back