BBQ Sausage recipes?

Brian K

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new sausage recipe to try. I'm looking to just throw some fresh sausage on the smoker. Would like to do all pork. I've done Brats, Italian, Andouille and chorizo some I'm looking for something that I can serve at a BBQ. Maybe something like a hot link but without the beef? Anyone got ideas?

Many thanks,

Brian

Depends on what location you are in the US, but if you have a good Polish deli pick up some garlicky polish/kielbasa and do them Maxwell Street style on a bun smothered in grilled onions, mustard and sport peppers. Moo & Oink in the Chicago area makes a pork hot link which is mild, and a beef one that's spicy.
HTH

Tim

How about some ground pork made into patties/burgers, you can keep them plain or add whatever spices you want.

I'm a big fan of Rudy's sausage, having eaten in numerous Rudy's Country Store establishments in Texas, Oklahoma and Arizona. Have been looking for a sausage clone recipe. Rudy's tells me that their sausage is all beef. Would you think the pork recipe referenced above would taste like Rudy's?

Thanks guys, I'm thinking of using the hot sausage from the site that Dwain suggested. I'm pretty sure Rudy's would be mostly beef, if not all. Beef is just to pricey for me. I can get pork for much cheaper that's why I'm going that route.

Back