BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

SAMPLE

I think this is one of 3 or 4 recipes that I posted from this book.

We did have chicken last night, but as I posted elsewhere, it was store bought wings. But, I am still checking out the Weber chicken cookbook. Found two recipes so far that are going in our make soon folder. Here is the first one. (on pg. 30 for those that have the book).

Tandoori Chicken Marinated in Yogurt and Indian Spices

Marinade:
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 TB. minced fresh ginger
1 TB. minced garlic
1 TB. paprika
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

6 pieces of your choosing
vegetable oil

1. In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
2. Add chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours.
3. Prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking over medium heat (350 to 450F).
4. Remove the chicken from the bowl and wipe off most of the marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Lightly brush the chicken with oil.
5. Grill the chicken with the meatier sides facing down first, over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until grill marks form and the chicken begins to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Turn and move the chicken over indirect medium heat, close the lid and cook until the juices run clear and the meat is opaque all the way to the bone. Breast and wings will take 30 to 35 minutes and whole legs will take 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.

Source: Weber's On the Grill-Chicken & Sides pub. 2010

As I have mentioned (too many times here, lol) I had a cooking game on another site for 10 years. The idea was to use our cookbooks, make a recipe and post it and the results on the site. The game not only got us using our cookbooks, it also encouraged others to buy more cookbooks. I can't see how anyone could object to that. ;) The one thing that I always stressed during those 10 years was, when making a recipe from their cookbooks, I always asked them to follow the recipe as written to give it a fair review. If they wished to make it again, THEN they could change whatever they wished.

Rich, you lucky dog you. lol My favorite part of the chicken. Glad you mentioned this recipe. I like the idea of sub. pineapple, prefer that over apricot. Thanks!!!!!
Well do I feel like a super senior with a very short term memory. Barb went through the book last night and found another one we did and one we want to do.
The one we did and liked was the Cowboy Steaks with Smoked Shallot Butter (page 126) we really enjoyed that.
The one we want to do with next weeks menu is Barbecued Char Siu (page 90) looks very interesting.

Well do I feel like a super senior with a very short term memory. Barb went through the book last night and found another one we did and one we want to do.
The one we did and liked was the Cowboy Steaks with Smoked Shallot Butter (page 126) we really enjoyed that.
The one we want to do with next weeks menu is Barbecued Char Siu (page 90) looks very interesting.
Rich and Barb, thanks, another steak recipe for DH :rolleyes: :LOL:, and I just posted the Char Siu here on this thread (#275) the other day. Both are in our "make soon" folder. Boy!!!!! is that folder getting thick. lol

Rich and Barb, thanks, another steak recipe for DH :rolleyes: :LOL:, and I just posted the Char Siu here on this thread (#275) the other day. Both are in our "make soon" folder. Boy!!!!! is that folder getting thick. lol
I agree, Joan. All these people just won't stop offering good recipes! I have a huge list in my Bookmarks, another in my Chrome account and another l keep in OneNote. Where will it all end! 🤣🤣

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I just had to laugh again. It just dawned on me. While I am reading what we recently posted, DH is on the phone with Olive Garden, ordering dinner for tonight. :rolleyes: Oh well, guess we will have to work on the "Make Soon" folder tomorrow. :LOL::LOL:

Well, we worked on the "Make Soon" folder and worked up the menu's for this week. Had a good one picked out for dinner tonight, but by the time DH got home from the grocery store it was getting late and he was not up to cooking, so he picked up something from KFC. To be honest, that is two nights in a row that I was not too happy with the dinners.:pyuck. Just can't beat DH's cooking.:love:

@Joan - I am working on "DH" ^^^^

Explanations that I thought of:
Designated Hitter - You do most of the prep work and he is the "designated hitter" who comes out and grills the food.
Da' Husband - self explanatory.
???

Would you care to provide a definition for us newbies?

I assume the "D" is for "dear", as it should be.

Of course, in Russia "Da husband" would be understandable, referring to our constantly saying with the greatest sincerity "Yes, dear."
I hadn't thought of "dear". Your "dear" makes me wonder whether it might actually stand for the stronger form of "dang".

... I resemble that remark. :-(

I hadn't thought of "dear". Your "dear" makes me wonder whether it might actually stand for the stronger form of "dang".

... I resemble that remark. :-(
DH's favorite saying, :ROFLMAO:, you must be a Curly fan also.

And I like your explanation for DH - my "dang husband" :ROFLMAO:

We have the Char Siu on next weeks menu. I'll post some pics and thoughts when we make it. Although with me being OSAFOF it may be a day or so after.

Oh dear, another recipe for the "Make Soon" folder. Weber, quit printing out soo many good recipes :ROFLMAO:

Mojo Marinated Chicken

Marinade:
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 TB. fresh lime juice
2 TB. soy sauce
2 TB. extra virgin olive oil
1 TB. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

4 chicken breast halves (with bone and skin), 10 to 12 oz. each

1. Marinade- In a medium bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients.
2. Place the chicken in a large plastic resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Remove the chicken from the bag and reserve the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil
over high heat and boil for 1 minute.
4. Grill, bone side down, over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone,
30 to 40 minutes. Baste once or twice with the boiled marinade. For crispier skin, grill the chicken, skin side down, over direct
medium heat during the last 5 minutes of grilling time. Brush with a little of the marinade just before serving. Makes 4 servings

Source: Weber's Real Grilling -2005 - Jamie Purviance

This is what we are using tomorrow.

1656883041431.png
Stars and Stripes Barbecue Ribs

3 1/2 lbs. pork spareribs

Sauce:
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. ground sweet paprika
1/2 tsp. ground oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 cup peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 TB. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup tomato paste
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 TB. cider vinegar

1. To make the sauce: Mix the mustard and dry spices with oil in a medium pan. Blend in the remaining ingredients. Cook,
stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes until combined. Cool before refrigerating. Store half in a clean glass jar for later use.
2. Coat the ribs with the remaining sauce and marinate overnight. Cook on a medium hot barbecue grill, turning frequently, until
well done. Serves 6-8

Source: "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook

Back