Barbacoa and Frijoles

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
There's many ways to do this dish. We make it the easy way. My mother has tasted this meal and she was convinced we made it from scratch and took our to make it.

Here's how we do barbacoa....

We get a nice chunk of chuck roast ( 4 lb) and simmer for 3 hours or so until it's shreds with ease. We also add 1 whole onion and 5 bay leaves.

After it's shredded we add back to the pot and add the herdez guajillo sauce and 2 tbs of the birria marinade

After that let simmer for 1 hour.

Next was the frijoles Puercos

Here's how we do our frijoles Puercos. This are our all time favorite way to eat beans.

We start by soaking the peruano beans for 2 hours. Then simmer beans for about 2 hours until done.

Then chop up some 1 lb bacon and 4 hot dogs and cook not all the way but 3/4.
Cook 1lb of chorizo and again cook on 3/4 of the way.

Add the ingredients to your beans and simmer for 30 min. We also add 8 oz of jalapeño slices with juice and all.

Up next is the Mexican coleslaw.

1 bag of cole slaw,1 can of vegetable mix, 1/2 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of sour cream. Mix well and add some black pepper and some salt.

Finally we eat...

Thanks for looking
Tony and Maribel

Tasty looking cook Tony, i also like the cole slaw recipe but it seems to be missing something but can't figure out what it is.:roll eyes:

Outstanding looking stuff!!! Barbacoa is one of my favorites and this weekends weather was perfect for it too!! I prefer chivo but chuck is awesome too. I have never seen that Birria marinade, will have to look for it.

Tony, Looks great. Barbacoa (with beef cheek) is one of my favorite meals. I rub the beef cheek, smoke it, then toss it in a pan with some beer and back on smoker to braise. Nothing better in my opinion than a good beef cheek. I'd love to do a full cow head sometime. Ever done one?

Tony,

Just had a friend visiting, and she walked by as I was looking at your post. She saw the frijoles puercos and said, "That looks ******* good! Who cooked that?" Your legend continues beyond tvwbb! :)

Tony: I'm glad to see you stepped up from your "fine china". Your beautiful meals deserve better. Another stellar post, good friend.

Fantastic as usual. So, when will you be releasing a cook book?:) I need some of your recipes and techniques. :cool:

Back