Bangers and Mash

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Didn't want leftovers for dinner last night. I had a pack of Hatch Chile brats so decided to do a cast iron breakfast. I would've put these on the Smokey Joe and grilled them, ut it was already dark (4:30pm) and I didn't want to mess with lighting it up. So cast Iron it was.

50613563637_61d949a4e0_c.jpg

50612336416_be5b88bcd1_c.jpg

50612446952_4790fbe4f1_c.jpg

Cast Iron taters are the best!

50611589153_8989d13cc3_c.jpg

50612446867_436599cd39_c.jpg

50612446892_3fef476466_c.jpg

Doggone it, NOW I have to do that too!!!
If I was smart enough to have made a list of all fabulous feasts you guys post, making two a day, I would probably die before I got to the end of the list! Delightful dinner !!

Great looking plate!

Whenever I hear the phrase "bangers and mash" I'm immediately reminded of that episode of All Creatures Great and Small - the only meal Tristan was good at cooking. :LOL:

Great looking meal Case, I here you on the 4:30 pm dark time, man do I miss those 9 pm sunsets. Last night I started the coals with sunlight, but then did the whole cook (some chicken thighs on the Master touch) in the dark. I had my headlamp on the whole cook and dinner was served by 5:30 pm.

I like it! Haven't done breakfast for dinner in a long time. Cold and dark are not my two favorite things, so in the winter I don't grill a lot.
The IP and my trusty indoor Weber's get the call along with our cast iron fleet.

Looks great Case! How'd you like the hatch chile sausage? I've seen them at albertsons but never tried.

Looks great Case! How'd you like the hatch chile sausage? I've seen them at albertsons but never tried.
Can't speak for the OP, but my local grocery store butcher took last year's leftover Hatch chiles in the produce section and made a run of Hatch chile pork sausages.

I didn't buy enough of them........:cry:

They were that good.

Back