Balinese Pulled Pork

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
This was an experiment to take a Balinese suckling pig recipe and make it a WSM pulled pork reality. It worked!
Overnight spice paste marinade:
IMG_1063.jpg

Two hours on the smoker. Ready for coconut milk mopping:
IMG_1064.jpg

Ready to pull:
IMG_1065.jpg

Sammies!
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Recipe here. Try it!

Wow! Thanks for the inspiration! Great pictures too! I gotta believe there's a story behind this recipe....

Sorry I'm late to this party, that's a great looking sandwich!

Tell me that's sriracha AND pickled jalepenos?

Tell me that's sriracha AND pickled jalepenos?
Sure, I like to layer my heat. Actually, they're not jalepenos, but something similar, home-pickled. I thought they needed more heat, so I added a halved habenero to the jar. That did the trick!

Im glad you got away with that sandwitch Gary.

If i put anything but meat and sauce on mine i get a history lesson AND an instruction on how to eat PP.
icon_wink.gif

dang, there was no food like that up in the jersey mountains when i lived up there! fantastic looking...and tasting, i bet!

That really does look great.. the WSM version of Babi Guling huh? (looking at planning a trip to Indo soon and have read that is the must have dish)

How long was the list of spices that you included in that overnight paste?

Very very nice Gary tip my hat to u, now what was the name of the fast food joint u bought that sammie from lol. Totally awesome Gary

Wow that looks amazing Gary!

I'm about to start my first one, on my new WSM, after doing two racks of spares today. Feeling a little inadequate at the moment...

Back