Back in the day...

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Back when I didnt know anything about anything around 1999...My wife and I would grill on a smokey joe. We were broke and recently married.This was literally what we could afford. We had fun and we were on our own.Cheap hot dogs and store brand bread and kool aid. This was my dinner for tonight.Thanks for looking.

1358992358.jpg

1358992453.jpg

1358992455.jpg

1358992460.jpg

I remember those days!!! You can do better though now than BAR S Brand. I don't want to alarm you but read the ingredients but not when you have a full belly of them, wait till later.

I remember those days!!! You can do better though now than BAR S Brand. I don't want to alarm you but read the ingredients but not when you have a full belly of them, wait till later.

It can't be any worse than the mc rib?
We have come a long ways from those days. :)

Back in the day...I didn't even know what a weber was !! Glad you did!

Nice touch with the jalapeños..and the kool-aide!! Hope there was vodka in that!

Keeping it real man! I remember being married and broke, living in a one bedroom and grilling one a little Smokey Joe... Thanks for the post! All you are missing is some cheap liquor store wine with the Kool-Aid!

Last edited:
well, to me that looks exactly like comfort food. showing my age but i eat dogs and burgers with white sliced bread. coolaid, how i have missed you.

Back