baby backs using HH first time.

mikemm

TVWBB Fan
Decided to do a rack of BB on high heat i have cooked many a rack on my weber smoker and been very pleased i followed jim's recipe on this cook to the letter. i was pleasantly surprised they came out very tender with a nice bite i may never go back to low and slow again. below are pics of the cook i hope you enjoy them. i seasoned them with olive oil, adobo seasoning, frank's red hot original seasoning blend. added 3 large chunks of apple wood. maintained 400 degree temp throughout cook, i will be doing these again! i had to cut them in half:( i didn't realize how long they were until i started prepping them. i had 1/2 for dinner having the rest for breakfast today with scrambled eggs.

Attachments

• thumbnail9.jpg
    thumbnail9.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
  • thumbnail8.jpg
    thumbnail8.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail7.jpg
    thumbnail7.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail5.jpg
    thumbnail5.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail4.jpg
    thumbnail4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail3.jpg
    thumbnail3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail1.jpg
    thumbnail1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 21
Thank you Jim, you are correct 14 meaty bones your recipe was spot on and i thank you very much for it some of the best ribs i have ever done, going shopping tomorrow morning hoping to get a couple more racks.

Thank you Rich, i was amazed at how much fat rendered out after i wrapped them will be cooking them again.

Good lookin' BB ribs, Mike! Definitely some of the more meaty ones I've seen (big pig!) :)

R

All you guys doing HH BB ribs. It's on my shortlist, but yesterday I did my first ever 2-2-1 rack of BB's as that was on the short list before I added HH ribs. The 2-2-1rivs were the best I have ever made so next time I am going to be torn between HH or trying to repeat last night. You guys are awesome here you keep given new recipes and my short of new cooks never seems to get any shorter. Mike and your HH ribs look soo good.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, That's one thing i like about this site kind people and wonderful things to cook.

i had to cut them in half:( i didn't realize how long they were until i started prepping them
Next time cut the two ends off to fit. They will cook faster than the rest, so you have a snack while cooking. Nice Ribs

Good idea, thanks i didn't think of that. i picked up another rack today i'll trim the ends this time should be cooking it up sometime this week.

Back