Away we go

Chris Sully

TVWBB Member
11:10 am Just got my first ever smoke started. 4 racks of BB's and a few beef back ribs for my wife.

Things in the beginning seem to happen really fast. chimney, prep, so on.

Couldn't figure out the membrane. From the pictures I have seen, it looks like Costco took it off already.

Talk to you in 3 hours.

Have fun with it.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Talk to you in 3 hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We'll be here waiting.

Alright Chris! I don't think I can make it there in time, so I'll have to rely on the pics and eat with my eyes!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

What is the possibility that my fire went out?

It has been sitting at 200 on the lid for 1.5 hours and there is no smoke.

Should I give it a stir?

So yeah, I opened it up gave a stir, opened the vents a little more and now I am at 220 and smoking.

Might not eat until midnight, but I will be eating... I hope

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is the possibility that my fire went out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not very likely. did you full minion start? open the bottom vents full, or open the side door for a couple minutes. that should pop the temp up. no need to stir the coals; too early for any ash to build up to cause a problem.

+1 to Gary. Open that door for a minute or two and it'll get hot in a hurry. Give that a shot and see what happens. Then take some pics, crack a beer and enjoy!

As long as you've got a nice light bluish-white smoke, you're good. Whisps of smoke

If you're still running at 220º and producing more smoke than that, I'd be concerned they will be too smoky.

I survived with some success. As a matter of fact they were pretty good!

I will try and post pic soon and give a more detailed review of what it was like for a total newbie smoking his first Q

Um, Chris, I don't want to come down on you or anything, but the guys around here tell me that if there aren't any pics then it didn't happen.
icon_razz.gif

Back