Average Used/Restored Grill Prices - Valuations Guide

Un wad your panties there Dave..... I made NO comment about the post other than 'its interesting'...... I was intrigued by it and found it pretty cool myself actually. My bigger thoughts were that no matter how 'cool' or well done a custom build is --- the market up here really doesn't go for them - he's going to have a hard time getting his asking price in my opinion - tho I hope he does.

I was mocking the fact that he was charging $25 MORE for TVWBB members --- something I didn't even notice until I posted it here.....
I know --- he had a price reduction (because I follow the CL listings pretty close) and he just forgot to update the prices EVERYWHERE in the ad.

If Brian is up here --- I meant no offense...... even if Dave 'thought' I did.

Guilty conscious much Jimmy?
I didn't mention your name once, and only quoted your post
because you mentioned the "TVWBB" note in his ad.
Congrats on jumping to conclusions and for using your
3rd grade panty wad jab. In case you are not aware - TVWBB is
not the place for that. Have a nice day.

Anyone ever cook "Country Ribs" before. I feel like I am cheating, but I got a good deal on some. I was thinking I would just cook them up on my Genesis as I do regular ribs. Comments? Thoughts?

Anyone ever cook "Country Ribs" before. I feel like I am cheating, but I got a good deal on some. I was thinking I would just cook them up on my Genesis as I do regular ribs. Comments? Thoughts?
Yep. Treat them for what they are. Pork shoulder. Low/slow, maybe a wrap. Treated as such they're DEEEEELISH

Not sure what country ribs are, but they are cheap. My experience is that they tend to be much more of seemingly random bones and grizzle than baby back ribs. Nothing wrong with the flavor, however.

No bones in "country style" ribs. I will take Larrys word for it that they come from the shoulder. They look to be fairly lean but with some marbling. I don't see where there is any "Grissle" in them. Of course, "Country Ribs" in one area could be totally different in others.

No bones in "country style" ribs. I will take Larrys word for it that they come from the shoulder. They look to be fairly lean but with some marbling. I don't see where there is any "Grissle" in them. Of course, "Country Ribs" in one area could be totally different in others.

edit: I found three racks of baby backs buried in the freezer, however I don't plan to buy more. the CSRs are delish !

@Bruce after I cut up two boneless costco pork shoulders to make country style ribs, I had a bunch of small pieces, so I made a batch of what I'm calling "pig nuggets"

These are perfect appetizer bites that don't take long.

Sounds like a totally different thing.

Amazing how a thread entitled "Average Used/Restored Grill Prices - Valuations Guide" transpired into CSR's.....
I appreciate the diversion from the passive/aggressive comments and just say this....

Brian ---- Looks like you are North Creekish area - I'm over here in Shelton View - 240th & Meridian --- hit me up and I'll toss you some plum wood!!! If you haven't tried it ---- you'll LOVE it! I've got plenty....

Attachments

• 20230722_184432.jpg
    20230722_184432.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 7
Well, these are what my local Wally World calls CSR:

I guess these come from the Loin. That is what I meant by my comment earlier about CSR's being different in different areas. I don't think they are really an official cut of meat.

20230803_193726.jpg20230803_194016.jpg

Yeah that won't work for what I described. Have no clue what that is. I've only seen them cut from pork shoulder. Even at my local butcher in town here. Those are just pork chops that know someone to get more $$$

Well, if I put rub on them and do them low and slow, do you think they will turn out acceptable?

Back