Aura EZ Light SS Charcoal Grate for 22" Kettle

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
One of the gifts I got from my 2 and 4 year old daughters for Father's Day was a nice new charcoal grate for one of my Performers.
I have a list I share with my wife of "stuff I'd like to have but don't need", and this was on it.

It feels about 2-3x heavier than the standard charcoal grate. The website says it's heavy duty stainless steel. I have a big magnet and the grate is slightly magnetic, but not magnetic enough for the grate to lift and stick to the magnet.

It has channels bin it to put starter cubes, but I won't be using those often.

For $34 the price is right. I imagine it'll take many years to wear this one out. I'll check back in a while from now to let you all know how it holds up.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07F9YJ5P6/tvwb-20

IMG_20200621_144124.jpgIMG_20200621_145020.jpgIMG_20200622_144503.jpg

That Aura grate looks like a really good upgrade for a very decent price. I will have to check that out, but right now I have several new Weber OEM ones I bought with Ace rewards.

That Aura grate looks like a really good upgrade for a very decent price. I will have to check that out, but right now I have several new Weber OEM ones I bought with Ace rewards.

OK, so I went for one! They had a "used" one meaning a return or otherwise damaged packaging. A little over $25 and I had about $11 in Amazon VISA points. So for $14 it was hard to say no. I look forward to posting my own observations. Seems like a perfect match for the stainless (430) GBS grate I bought in Germany.

I will also continue to plug Killa Grilla, though, because his stuff is still my favorite. Thick 304 stainless and relatively easy to keep clean.

I will also continue to plug Killa Grilla, though, because his stuff is still my favorite. Thick 304 stainless and relatively easy to keep clean.
I notice free shipping for minimum purchase of two hundred($200.00) dollars which is somewhat of a downer when you only need one(1) 22" SS Grill.

However, the 14" SS Grill for my Weber Smoky Joe and the 22" SS Grill for my Weber Performer Deluxe seem very tempting as additional items for my BBQ Arsenal.

OK, so I went for one! They had a "used" one meaning a return or otherwise damaged packaging. A little over $25 and I had about $11 in Amazon VISA points. So for $14 it was hard to say no. I look forward to posting my own observations. Seems like a perfect match for the stainless (430) GBS grate I bought in Germany.

Nice! I would have went for that option as well!

Here is the stock Weber charcoal grate, this one is a little warped so your measurements might be a little different.

752622A9-2A29-491E-9B98-DD9130308BE0.jpeg

And here is the Aura grate

810689A7-AD19-4B34-94A3-5CA04F61ACFD.jpeg

Anything good said here about that Aura grate is an understatement in my book. I just got my “used” one from Amazon. In a plain box with a Kohl’s return ticket still in it. Looks perfect to me. Nice deal.

Wow, I am VERY impressed. Non-magnetic 304 shiny stainless, very thick and nice looking enough to be a cooking grate. The comparison between this and the Weber OEM charcoal grate one reads miles apart. Haven’t tried it obviously, but so far five stars!

Anything good said here about that Aura grate is an understatement in my book. I just got my “used” one from Amazon. In a plain box with a Kohl’s return ticket still in it. Looks perfect to me. Nice deal.

Wow, I am VERY impressed. Non-magnetic 304 shiny stainless, very thick and nice looking enough to be a cooking grate. The comparison between this and the Weber OEM charcoal grate one reads miles apart. Haven’t tried it obviously, but so far five stars!
Yeah, for the price it's an excellent product. I'm going to keep my eye out for a "used" one like you got. Will put it in my Crimson performer

So theoretically you could find a Weber item you really wanted on Amazon. Return the item at your local Kohl’s and then watch the used section of the item on Amazon and you get the same item at a discount? 1600396061837.png

So theoretically you could find a Weber item you really wanted on Amazon. Return the item at your local Kohl’s and then watch the used section of the item on Amazon and you get the same item at a discount? View attachment 14336

Lol, I guess you could try that. You never know when they will post the warehouse item though, so chances that you come across it might be slim.

I do really like this charcoal grate. If you need a replacement I highly recommend it

For anyone considering buying this grate, Aura has a 15% off coupon code through the end of the month.
Use KETTLEHEADZ during checkout and it'll work sitewide over at Aura Outdoors.

Back