Auger Not Turning

Did the motor itself fail, or just the connection to the auger?

The motor itself failed. The one they sent as a replacement had some issue because it would feed the pellets at the wrong rate, so I had pellet overflow every time I tried to use it. They sent me a list a mile long to try to troubleshoot it and nothing worked. They ended up just sending me a Searwood and took the Smokefire back.

Genius! Broken shear pin $.08, replacement motor and auger, $50.00 seems a little odd.
(prices are purely conjecture)no bearing on reality whatsoever.
If you look at it the shear pin is seized into the shaft.
Can you drill it out or drive it out with a punch? Sure/maybe, but Weber doesent know if some people are comfortable doing that so probably easier for them to just send out a whole new assembly.

That's very interesting. The assembly looks identical to the Smoke Fire assembly. If you want to use it this weekend, just go down to the hardware store and buy a SS screw. I once used a finish nail back when they used a cotter pin. And to be perfectly honest, that finish nail held up better than some of the replacements Weber sent

That was my first question. If that thing had somehow welded itself in there, I wanted a new motor as well. But I was able to simply poke it out with a toothpick.
How's the other side?
Same or can you use a punch or nail set to drive it out?

New auger arrived yesterday. It's been raining for days and looks like it will continue into the weekend. Someday, I'll install it.

Back