Auger Not Turning

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Welp, had my first real issue on the Sear+ the other day after over a year of 'set it and forget it'. I went out and started it up as I often do, setting the temp to 425 in preparation to grill some chicken breasts. Forgetting that I could just check the app for status, I went back out about 10 minutes later to see where the temp was. It was still reading the air temp (about 84 degrees that day). I shut it down and cooked on the Genesis that night. Unplugged the Sear+ thinking that might 'reset' something. A couple days later, I went back out to do some testing. I started up the grill and went back out to check about 10 minutes later. Same result. The fan was running, and after removing the grates and flavorizer bars, I confirmed the glow plug was, in fact, glowing. But the auger wasn't spinning at all and the fire pot was empty. Just submitted a case with customer service (frustrated that I could not find a phone number to just call directly). Aside from this, the grill has been flawless for over a year. Hoping it's an easy (and permanent) fix.

Welp, had my first real issue on the Sear+ the other day after over a year of 'set it and forget it'. I went out and started it up as I often do, setting the temp to 425 in preparation to grill some chicken breasts. Forgetting that I could just check the app for status, I went back out about 10 minutes later to see where the temp was. It was still reading the air temp (about 84 degrees that day). I shut it down and cooked on the Genesis that night. Unplugged the Sear+ thinking that might 'reset' something. A couple days later, I went back out to do some testing. I started up the grill and went back out to check about 10 minutes later. Same result. The fan was running, and after removing the grates and flavorizer bars, I confirmed the glow plug was, in fact, glowing. But the auger wasn't spinning at all and the fire pot was empty. Just submitted a case with customer service (frustrated that I could not find a phone number to just call directly). Aside from this, the grill has been flawless for over a year. Hoping it's an easy (and permanent) fix.
Keep us all informed

Have today off so I took the auger assembly out this morning. Everything was dry and intact in the tube. Nothing jammed or cemented in there. But it looks like the pin holding the auger onto the motor disintegrated and sheared off. I sent the requested pics into Weber this morning and am waiting to hear back. Part of me was hoping it was just a jam so I could be cooking on it again this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait.

IMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_2088.jpeg

That
Have today off so I took the auger assembly out this morning. Everything was dry and intact in the tube. Nothing jammed or cemented in there. But it looks like the pin holding the auger onto the motor disintegrated and sheared off. I sent the requested pics into Weber this morning and am waiting to hear back. Part of me was hoping it was just a jam so I could be cooking on it again this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait.

View attachment 100397

View attachment 100398

That's unfortunate. I was hoping that it was something simple. I hope Weber takes good care of you.

If you are lucky they will send a new motor, and an auger nut & bolt. The nut from my auger bolt went missing or was never installed and they sent a replacement nut & bolt.

Back