Attempt at pizza

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
Attempted pizza a few nights ago. I elevated the stone off the grate using stacked flavor bars off my old weber 1000. Next time will be better since this was a learning process. Used a Chicago style thin dough recipe we normally use. Not to bad for the first attempt.

Good looking pizza Nate! But a real Chicago style would have used sausage instead of pepperoni.

Good looking pizza Nate! But a real Chicago style would have used sausage instead of pepperoni.

Thanks. And I didn't have sausage that day. :DSausage is standard for me in a deep dish. Plus my twin 2year old girls really like pepperoni.

If that's the first attempt, I can't wait to see what you can do when you are an old pro. Really well done!

I wish I could make a pie that looks that good and I've made over a dozen. Where are your grill handles???

Looks like you pretty much nailed it! The pizza looks great. I do these at our tailgates for Bears games and they're always a hit. What I've found is that if I'm doing multiple pizzas, after one cooks and while I'll rolling out the dough for another, is that I'll pull my stone off the kettle for a few minutes just cool it off ever so slightly and brush off the cornmeal I put on it so that doesn't burn. I've never used the bricks to lift up the stone, so maybe I'll give that a whirl.

Back