Atlanta Brisket

I think it’s usually braised with a few different ingredients, including Coca Cola, which has its headquarters in Atlanta, hence the name. Garvin’s looks more smoked than braised.

That's pink on the inside. Sure you can eat brisket that way , like any cut of beef, but it's going to be tough as shoe leather.

My wife likes to grill london broil, it's only worth it if you take the meat slicer and slice it into very thin slices. Way too tough that's why it's cheap

That's pink on the inside. Sure you can eat brisket that way , like any cut of beef, but it's going to be tough as shoe leather.

My wife likes to grill london broil, it's only worth it if you take the meat slicer and slice it into very thin slices. Way too tough that's why it's cheap
At this point I only have seared it on both sides. As you can see raw onions under it, I just didn't post a pic with the cola in the pan.

I think it’s usually braised with a few different ingredients, including Coca Cola, which has its headquarters in Atlanta, hence the name. Garvin’s looks more smoked than braised.
At this point I only have seared it on both sides. As you can see raw onions under it, I just didn't post a pic with the cola in the pan.

Ahhh.
My wife cooked a brisket in the oven one time and it was okay, tasty. Cooked with brown sugar and stuff that made its own barbecue sauce with the juice in pan. No Coca-Cola though. But I imagine it's not that different. It's sugar. Some people put Coca-Cola in their barbecue sauce. Or spritz their meat with Coca-Cola. I've never found it to make much of a discernable difference on smoked brisket.

Heck my sister cooked a pork butt to make pulled pork in her oven a week ago. So that's even possible too, even though smoked is better in my opinion.

My Dad used to do an “oven smoked” butt. Seared, then in a big roaster, doused with half a bottle of liquid smoke, slow oven (275*?) for four hours, open douse with the rest of the bottle, back in for another 3-4 hours then pulled. It wasn’t bad. He’d have preferred one from the smoker but, he didn’t have one!

Back