Asked Weber a Question About Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron, your point about them achieving the economy of sale that allows them to make a few bucks is a good one. I was thinking about how much it costs Weber to have such good customer service. I mean, it sounds like if you can show them even the smallest little defect in their stuff they ship out replacements right away. Stories about replacement bowls and lids arriving two days after a phone call abound here. That must cost a fortune for them and the sheer volume of sales they have to produce to absorb that cost must be huge too.

So like I said earlier, I'm sticking with 'em. I'd love to buy some colors but still love 'em!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
I just want to point out that there are several other bbq makers making red cookers. Bright red I might add, not brick brown. In fact I think Weber might be the only company not selling red these days. If they can do it, why can't Weber? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty simple Shaun. Made in China.

They do not have to deal with the same environmental regulations as the US.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
I just want to point out that there are several other bbq makers making red cookers. Bright red I might add, not brick brown. In fact I think Weber might be the only company not selling red these days. If they can do it, why can't Weber? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In porcelain enamel? Or just painted?

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
I just want to point out that there are several other bbq makers making red cookers. Bright red I might add, not brick brown. In fact I think Weber might be the only company not selling red these days. If they can do it, why can't Weber? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty simple Shaun. Made in China.

They do not have to deal with the same environmental regulations as the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would think, regardless of where it's made, it is still being sold to consumers here in USA. So I see no difference really.

I do know that Greece has strict regulations for seafood with cadmium. However the red porcelain enamel issue is news with me.

Ron I pretty much agree with what you said. As far as the extra inventory for the different colors they are already doing it in Europe. It is so strange that they stock those inventories like you said but just don't sell it here. They are doing it here, just not selling it here. So they stock all that extra stuff and make it just decide to sell it in one place and not another. I do agree that it is somehow in the marketing, how do you make people want a sage green grill. They need to know that they exist.

There are several brands and I am sure at least one of them uses porcelain even if it is made in China. Weber does make a color called Volcano Red. I'm not sure if it's porcelain or paint though.

We pay 271.78 USD for a 22" colored OTG here in Sweden. Happy to pay that? if not there is your answer. OK with that price?! Then gather a list of 30ppl Prebought grills. And ask Weber directly and im sure they will deal with ya.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
We pay 271.78 USD for a 22" colored OTG here in Sweden. Happy to pay that? if not there is your answer. OK with that price?! Then gather a list of 30ppl Prebought grills. And ask Weber directly and im sure they will deal with ya. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much is gas there?
milk?
bread?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
We pay 271.78 USD for a 22" colored OTG here in Sweden. Happy to pay that? if not there is your answer. OK with that price?! Then gather a list of 30ppl Prebought grills. And ask Weber directly and im sure they will deal with ya. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I wouldn't pay that much for a OTG in any color. But we wouldn't have to pay that much in the States. I'm assuming it's so much in Sweden because of the shipping over there. I guess I'm not sure what your point is in comparing the cost in Sweden with the States. Isn't that an apples to oranges type thing? Not arguing, just a little confused. Of course, that is not unusual with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back