Arlington Rescue Cook

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The bride and I were out on our morning walk and saw this poor lil' Arlington doomed for the dumpster (behind it) As soon as we finished our walk, I drove over and picked the lil' guy up. He's rough, only good for high heat cooks, but he's very good at that.

Too many photos, but slide left or hit the right arrow should you wish to see the Rescue's "maiden" voyage

Nice choice on the tunes....there are numbers 1 and 2 of that.....I have been considering the vinyl purchase of them as I have a good supplier....haven't pulled the trigger yet.
nice little bbq too.....

Nice save! Are you going to re set the legs for proper handle alignment?
I guess I could, but the handles are pretty beat up, hate to put either one out front. I was going to try and straighten them up some, but the sound of crumble was a warning that straightening them was probably going to result in handle removal by proxy

I guess I could, but the handles are pretty beat up, hate to put either one out front. I was going to try and straighten them up some, but the sound of crumble was a warning that straightening them was probably going to result in handle removal by proxy
I'm trying to find when Weber stopped making that one...80s??

I'm trying to find when Weber stopped making that one...80s??
I believe in 1981 they started putting wooden handles on the grill, so it's before then. I'm guessing it's between 77-80, but it's hard to say. It runs hot, it held 500+ for three hours, and then didn't get below 400 for another two hours. It's well ventilated :)

I believe in 1981 they started putting wooden handles on the grill, so it's before then. I'm guessing it's between 77-80, but it's hard to say. It runs hot, it held 500+ for three hours, and then didn't get below 400 for another two hours. It's well ventilated :)
Dang. That's a lotta holes 😀

Back