Are Foods Cooked Over Charcoal Carcinogenic??

Bob Ivey

TVWBB Emerald Member
Not sure if this is posted in the right forum but here goes.
My wife's doctor is telling her the foods cooked with charcoal are carcinogenic. Want to know if anyone has found definitive answers to this question. We all know the food tastes great and I for one will NOT stop eating it but would like to know. As the years go by, we see different studies that say one thing and then a few years later a new study comes out that says the old study was wrong. Sometimes it is confusing to know what to believe. Thanks for any input.
:wsm::wsm::wsm:

I have read that marinating with any thing but water will cut out most of the bad stuff that might enter during grilling,I would hazard some thing with a oil base of some sort.a quick spray of olive oil goes on my steaks with seasonings after helps them stick better

I do agree with you George but my wife is concerned after her doctor got on her case about it. I can understand his concern since my wife had cancer 33 years ago but as you said, there are so many things out there that can also cause cancer. 40 years ago I worked in the auto industry and asbestos was all over the place if you were near brakes. For the last 35 years I have been a contractor and have been in many attics that I know had friable asbestos in them. So I can definitely understand her concern. Still won't stop us from eating Q but will be careful of anything burnt. We have to live our lives and try to enjoy that life as much as possible.

Just not going to worry about it as there is so much out there that can kill me or cause cancer.

Every thing in moderation, use the Mallard effect and slowly build up a sear by flipping and watching the flames.
I like my Q brown not black, and could never ever try to replicate those black looking meteorites that so many love.
Just me and JMO.:)

Tim

Back