Apricot wood suggestions

Dustin Flavell

TVWBB Pro
Hello all. Was fortunate enough to score a bunch of smoke woods from an old orchard we have on the ranch a few years ago. Peach, Apple, pecan, cherry, nectarine, plum (terrible) and Apricot. Apricot is the only one I haven’t tried. Curious if anyone has tried it and what meat it pairs best with. Any combinations it would work well with from the above minus the peach which I am almost out of and apple which is all gone. BTW peach is excellent on beef this the reason I am getting low on it.

Hi Dustin, I would use Apricot like Peach, especially on Pork. There are lots of both out around where I live. There is a BBQ restaurant that used to be called The Apricot Wood, near Patterson which calls itself The Apricot Capitol (annual Apricot Festival). It's now called the Almond Wood, lol, which there is a LOT of around here in the valley also. I think it would go real good with the Pecan!

thanks anyway guys. I am thinking similar to peach maybe so will try with beef this weekend. Might even pair with pecan. Will see...

Back