Anyone tried Guy Fieri's new BBQ sauces?

Haven't tried them. Probably won't. Probably because I'm not a Guy Fieri fan and I'm a kind of biased person.

Also, I've been getting comfortable making my own lately. The ingredients seem pretty basic, even repetitive for the first 3.

I doubt 3 guests would notice a difference over 3 similarly advertised commercial sauces.

Hmmm, worth giving a shot. I'll check the local Costco and see if they have them.

You would think of all the sauces he's tried he would make one that is "out of bounds."

Ever since I tried Steve's #5 I've been dabbling with my own ever since. It's almost like I'm smoking ribs & such just so I can make a new sauce. I could be missing out on what's current at the market though.

Saw the Kansas City at the store while picking up some smoking wood. I'll pass, but from sunglasses to sauces, I have to respect the way he's markets himself.

Usually these guys are involved in developing the flavor profile they want, then someone figures out how to scale it up into a production product, comes back with label designs for approval, etc. If it had my name and face on the bottle, I'd want it to be a good reflection on me, that's for sure. I'm sure he feels the same. I think all these food TV characters are quite involved in the development of their products.

Regards,
Chris

Funny but just out of principle, I prefer finding a recipe, making it, tasting it, modifying it as opposed to just pouring it out of a bottle I bought.

I think home-made just has to taste better. Isn't that why we go to the trouble of doing (ie q) what we do, because it tastes better and you KNOW it has no extra chemicals (other than if you use ketchup, and even then, you could make your own ketchup).

It uses real sugar instead of HFCS, so it has that going for it. I usually make my own from Paul Kirk's little book, so I passed when I saw it.

Sorry, but he was such a jerk when he visited here, I won't buy any of his products.
icon_frown.gif

I have a backyard rib cookoff with 2 other guys on the 27th. Just got back from the new Johnny Garlic here in Dublin. I bought the K.C. style, Brown Sugar Bourbon, and the Pacific Rim sauce. I just happen to have some Makers Mark if the BSB needs an adjustment. ô¿ô

Back