Anyone order from GrillHandle.com recently?

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
My wife said she ordered some stuff for me from GrillHandle.com back on June 21st. They sent a "order was received" email that same day, but no other updates and we still haven't received anything from them.

I went to ask the guys over at Weber Kettle Club about it since I think one of the GrillHandle guys posts over there and I got a message saying I was banned from WKC forums. I've only made about 9-10 posts and don't recall posting anything worthy of being banned. Very strange

It says orders ship in 2-4 weeks; special/custom orders 4-8 weeks.
Call them: 1 (847) 830-7634

Ah, missed the part about 2-4 week shipping. I found their Facebook page and a few days ago they posted about delayed shipping and a high volume of orders. Sounds like they are just getting blasted with new orders right now. I'll keep on waiting and post pictures when I get it all installed!

I placed a custom order on May 20th and was told 6 weeks for custom orders.

Then I saw this post on their Facebook page:

Screenshot_20200706-153732.png

Keep in mind that there has been a big uptick in membership here so, since there are more people with time to rehab, restore or simply upgrade their grills, the guy is busy. I think I had to wait six weeks for mine and that was last year.

Brian of GrillHandle.com is one of the founding members of WKC so they might be a bit touchy about anything negative said about him. It is probably just slow service because of covid as I have never heard anything bad said about him or his work. He is like the RC Planebuyer of kettle handles.

Me being banned from WKC was some sort of forum glitch. I emailed them and it's fixed now, apparently it happened to quite a few people.

I like the GrillHandle.com handles. I'd have preferred to use River City Woodworks, but my wife was trying to surprise me for the July 4th cook and only recently told me about the order.

I got mine on Monday (July 27th) and I ordered them on May 20th.
8.5 weeks, wow that's a long time. Reminds me of the days when you'd order something from a catalog. Mail in the order, then wait for it to arrive a couple months later. Also wanted to add, I ordered nothing custom. Just basic items listed on the website.

8.5 weeks, wow that's a long time. Reminds me of the days when you'd order something from a catalog. Mail in the order, then wait for it to arrive a couple months later. Also wanted to add, I ordered nothing custom. Just basic items listed on the website.

Mine included custom pieces. I did get a message that due to the 'Rona and supply issues it would take a bit longer than normal.

But, I would say the products were definitely worth the wait.

1596204893960.png

I got the full set of items for my '99 SS Performer Redhead, wheel rings, badge, vent tab, lid handle, door handle and rollers. The vent tab on the right is for my 14 WSM and yes, the custom engraving is a WSM. lol. At first I thought it was a mistake and it was the Oregon "O" instead of Oklahoma, but then I noticed the legs and that the middle part is the WSM door.

1596205192948.png

Last edited:
Apparently this Virus situation has not affected the very good service from SnS Grills and Cajun Bandit as my recent orders were shipped-out in two(2) business days.

Last edited:
It might simply mean they have a surplus of them sitting around they are anxious to get them out the door.

Mine included custom pieces. I did get a message that due to the 'Rona and supply issues it would take a bit longer than normal.

View attachment 10681

I got the full set of items for my '99 SS Performer Redhead, wheel rings, badge, vent tab, lid handle, door handle and rollers. The vent tab on the right is for my 14 WSM and yes, the custom engraving is a WSM. lol. At first I thought it was a mistake and it was the Oregon "O" instead of Oklahoma, but then I noticed the legs and that the middle part is the WSM door.

View attachment 10682
Buddy, “you’ve got it Baaaaad!”
Looks amazing! I need three vent handles, better get on that.

View attachment 10681

View attachment 10682

Very nice!
I can totally see why that took 2 months, mine were "off the shelf" basic deals....hoping they show up any day now!

I just sent an email to them, thinking the guys name was Dave (wrong!)
Anyway, Brandon wrote back telling me I must have the wrong place and didn’t address my question in any event? Seems odd to me that someone would not answer a direct question regardless of name. Maybe he’s having a tough Monday. God knows I’ve had plenty of them. Waiting for the answer anyway, we shall see.

I just sent an email to them, thinking the guys name was Dave (wrong!)
Anyway, Brandon wrote back telling me I must have the wrong place and didn’t address my question in any event? Seems odd to me that someone would not answer a direct question regardless of name. Maybe he’s having a tough Monday. God knows I’ve had plenty of them. Waiting for the answer anyway, we shall see.

He didn't seem happy when I sent him a message on Facebook. This was the 3rd time trying to contact them (didn't respond to my 2 emails). Almost like I was an inconvenience. Hoping the items I ordered from him are nice, but I'll probably go with River City Woodworks (search on FB) for my future wood handle needs.

Finally got my order, took 6 weeks and 3 days.

Everything looks ok, but the holes they drilled for the handle on the SSP charcoal lid aren't drilled correctly. Guess they were in a rush and not paying close attention. It's hard to tell from the picture, but when you go to screw them in, one side goes in fine, but the other side wants to go in slanted. I don't want to force it for fear of splitting the wood.

Guess it's on me for not ordering from Mark Britt to begin with at River City Woodworks. Lesson learned.

IMG_20200807_122859.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture,
No, it's not. The distance between the two holes is clearly about a 1/4" to short on the wood handle. That sucks! Do you or a friend have a drill press? With the service issues you've had from grill handles, it would be faster and easier to fill that hole in and then re-drill it.

Back