Anyone know the model/year of this Genesis?

Walt

TVWBB Fan
I've never seen this model before.

00K0K_he2FSbUXw05_600x450.jpg

Just like mine. I believe 2004 Genesis platinum B. I'm to lazy right now to find my owners manual to know for sure.

Last edited:
Don't know the year but I might just sneak over and get that in to my truck when you're not looking ;)

Looked at my receipt and its a B. The C would have a side burner. I purchased this in May 2004 along with a Summit. The Summit is a 2003 model so the Genesis could be as well. So, it either a 2003 or 2004 model. Bought on clearance at Tri City in Fremont CA before they closed. Hope this helps. It's an AWSOME grill btw. I also have an old silver B but I really like the large ss side tables on the platinum.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking! Can you believe someone was giving one away on Craigslist? I replied 2 hours after the post, but it was already taken :( . Nate, you have a good looking Genesis Platinum B there. I remember Tri-City in Fremont and all their crazy tv commercials in the 80's.

I'm on the hunt for a cheap/free Genesis I can restore. What I REALLY want is a Genesis C or 3000 with the old wood table tops. I want to take out the grill and use it as a cart like this:
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?46067-WSM-cart-kinda&highlight=genesis+3000

Thanks for checking! Can you believe someone was giving one away on Craigslist? I replied 2 hours after the post, but it was already taken :( . Nate, you have a good looking Genesis Platinum B there. I remember Tri-City in Fremont and all their crazy tv commercials in the 80's.

I'm on the hunt for a cheap/free Genesis I can restore. What I REALLY want is a Genesis C or 3000 with the old wood table tops. I want to take out the grill and use it as a cart like this:
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?46067-WSM-cart-kinda&highlight=genesis+3000

I have a 1000 that has a toasted fire box that I'm going to build into a cart like that with a holder for the jumbo Joe.

Awesome Nate! Please post pictures on your build. I'm going to use the cart I build to house my Q220 in the bottom, my Jumbo Joe (Squat) on top. Going to buy a cover and it will look like I have a Genesis in my backyard, Ha!

Here's one I built out of a old silver B chassis. Really handy use it for all sorts of things.

carts005_zps61553e50.jpg

Rich Dahl, I have your post bookmarked. That post is one of the post sthat gave the idea for building my own cart to house my Q220 and Jumbo Joe

Back