Anyone doing Genesis 1000 restoration for-hire near Springfield IL?

Chris: I have had several of those kind of deals made with people to rehab their grills. And all but one time, they either backed out or quit responding when it was time to start the rehab.

Interestingly enough, I am working on one of those right now and I DO expect it to go through. It is going to be a wood Genesis 1000 green head. First 1000 I have done in three years.

Chris: I have had several of those kind of deals made with people to rehab their grills. And all but one time, they either backed out or quit responding when it was time to start the rehab.

Interestingly enough, I am working on one of those right now and I DO expect it to go through. It is going to be a wood Genesis 1000 green head. First 1000 I have done in three years.
The 1000, 2000 and 3000 grills are my favorite Weber Genesis grills by far. I look forward to your thousand rehab Bruce!

I like the 1000s as well. But they are not as easy or cheap to rehab.
They aren't too bad if you don't have to redo any wood or buy new wheels.The burner tubes and flavorizer bars are definitely more money even on aftermarket.

Larry, I have heard good things about the HF welders. They are not a Lincoln, Miller or Hobart, but for general knock around stuff, they work fine.

Keep in mind though, I'm not experienced so I'm gonna have to "learn" on it. IDK if I get it on a sale time it might be worth it to try. Hell, yesterday, my daughter needed a "hole" cut into a wall in the basement so gas co could run a line to new meter location. Checked it out, no outlets near by, very tight space. Not likely to get my big recip saw in that spot, and my little oscillating saw not large enough to cut through the whole thing. So off to Menards I go and come back with this https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...7277164168.htm?tid=8482038845609180597&ipos=1
Thing went through the wall like butter. Made me look like a pro :D Now if only I can figure out one of those welders :D

if you have piece parts of square or round tube lying around, use them to practice on. Weld them, then cut it open to see how it penetrated.

A good first project is to build a cart for the welder with extra stuff lying around. A curb find charbroil prob has enough mild steel for a small cart.

if you have piece parts of square or round tube lying around, use them to practice on. Weld them, then cut it open to see how it penetrated.

A good first project is to build a cart for the welder with extra stuff lying around. A curb find charbroil prob has enough mild steel for a small cart.
I know you're right but I am honestly not that ambitious LOL. I'd likely just buy the cart. Getting a little lazy in my old age

I know you're right but I am honestly not that ambitious LOL. I'd likely just buy the cart. Getting a little lazy in my old age
I love the transparency...I’d be the same way. One of the most clever “upcycled” welding carts I ever saw was an old school metal shopping cart from the grocery store. This thing was tricked out with a place for everything and everything in it’s place.

Good price. It looks like it is strictly flux core. Gas is usually preferred but flux is fine. I don't recall on the other one but the only control on this one is wire speed. It does not have a power selection. It could be an issue if you try to weld very thin (burn through) or very thick metal (lack of penetration). But I think for around the home, grill frames and stuff around 1/8" thick it would work well.
Seems to have good reviews. Before I buy anything, I would check CL and FB MP to see if you can get a name brand one for a good price. I got my Lincoln for $150 with a 3M speedglass helmet.
Also, keep in mind, you will need welding gloves, probably a welding cart, along with some hand tools. All can be had at HF for good prices.

Back