Any Winos Out There? *****

Hey Jim,

Below is a great wine for the price. The price is in Canadian $ so it should be cheaper in the States.

Bordeaux 2006, Réserve de Louis Eschenauer. France red, $14.25, SAQ# 517722. Value and Bordeaux, for most people, are words rarely put in the same sentence. However, this is a good, earthy, merlot-based Bordeaux showing notes of plums and truffles, and decent tannins, all for under $15. For the price, very fair. Drink now-2010. Food pairing: Roasted white meats.

Enjoy,

Originally posted by Steve Petrone:
All this conversation about Zins has me yearning for Ridge Zins...it's been a while since I sold them but they are fine. Looks like the price has climbed.

Had my first Ridge last year - the 3 Valleys Zin and is the best Zinfandel I've yet tried. Pricey up here though.

Just back from vacation w/ two other families. We all brought many bottles of wine to try. One that stood out for everyone was the Cupcake Merlot. Surprisingly good - especially for it being in the $10 range.

My wife and I drink a lot of wine. Mostly $20 - 30 range.

Right now 2 of our favorites are Bogel Phantom $18 a shyrah and Murphy Goode $20 Cabernet Sauvignon, both very nice.

Tom

Sean, last year 4th of July we were in Clarksburg CA for the weekend and did the tasting tour at Bogle. We have been hooked on since. Their Petite Sirah Port is also outstanding. Good fall/winter after dinner treat!

If I'm buying wine I try to stick to Wisconsin wineries like Wollersheim (Prairie du Sac) and Botham (Barneveld), and if I happen to be traveling and come across a local winery I'll stop in if I have time. We went to Iowa this past April and visited Tabor Home, Daly Creek, Fireside, and Wallace, and on a recent trip to Ohio I stopped at Brown County Winery in Indiana. For the most part the wines we've come across have been very pleasant and drinkable, and affordable to boot.

Brad

Back