Any simple ham enhancements for Easter?

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
Not too long ago, I found a recipe on this site, posted by Chris, to add some simple ingredients to a can of baked beans and enhance them. I mean, it wasn’t Keri’s baked beans, but for the time and effort, a welcome improvement over just out of the can. Wondering if anyone has a similar hack for ham. I have a bone in ham and I’d like to spruce it up a bit. I was thinking I would carve it cold, removing the bone for soup, but that another post. I was then thinking I’d take enough of the ham for dinner (as opposed to heating up a large ham that will be only partially eaten) and put some ham in foil to heat it up. I was thinking maybe adding some pineapple juice, or even some pineapple slices might be a good enhancement. Maybe even a little brown sugar. I don’t know, but I thought I’d ask this group, knowing this is one creative bunch of folks, especially where meat is in play. Any simple ham hacks out there?

A simple one we do is pour about a cup of ginger ale in the pan. Coat the ham with Dijon mustard and brown sugar, crush up some ginger snaps and pat that on the ham.

One evening a couple weeks ago after imbibing a bit too much I ordered an SRF kurobuta ham. Tomorrow is the big day. Man I hope it's even kind of worth what I paid for it....

Back