Any sales on the WSM around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John L

TVWBB Super Fan
I haven't been around for awhile...new job and all, but I have a question.

Anybody know of any sales on the WSM anywhere? A friend had enquired about where to purchase one for a Christmas present, but I've been out of the loop for a few months. Anything going on with Amazon, Westlake, anywhere?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Nothing real cheap out there. $179 on amazon (no shipping cost). Can't use their monthly discount on Weber. There is a company that sales on ebay that sales a little cheaper than amazon, but you pay shipping. As-far-as I know, amazon is still about the best deal out there.
Check some local stores. If a retailer has had one on the shelf for over a year he might make you a deal. They aren't real fast movers.

The cover is standard, no matter where you purchase the WSM. Amazon's $179, no tax, shipped free is a good deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Warren:
Amazon often runs a $30 discount with application/approval for their Visa card. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There is a standing $20 off deal available on the Support TVWB page or by clicking this link. Signing up for the Amazon card also helps to support TVWB.

Regards,
Chris

I won mine on Ebay a couple of weeks ago, before I found this website, for 112.00. Total ended up being just under 140.00 with shipping and insurance. It did come with the cover and everything else just like the ones advertised on Amazon and other sites. I was very pleased with total price. I don’t think Amazon is still offering free shipping either when I went through the checkout to see how much shipping would be it totaled around 220.00.

I'm not sure but it may not have been in the original box or with the original packing. It was in a cardboard box with a Weber logo maybe a 12 x 24 inch glued on and wrapped around two sides of the box. Some of the cardboard packing material seemed like odd shaped filler. I’m not sure how a new one is packed so I’m not a 100% positive of this.

I debated if I should post this message because I now know this board receives some it’s support from Amazon for orders that originate from this site. When I order my ET-73 I’ll link to Amazon from TVWB.

This is such a great board full of wonderful and helpful people I really appreciate all of you. That being said and to show my continued support, as soon as I post this message I’m going over and make a Paypal contribution so this board will be around for many smokes to come.

I forgot to mention the Butt I cooked on my first smoke last Saturday was GREAT! I’m also a KCBS certified judge and what I smoked was better then 80% of what I’ve judged.

Herb S.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by herb s:
I don’t think Amazon is still offering free shipping... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Free shipping is usually available, but you must click the SuperSaver shipping option during checkout to get it. However, right now Amazon is temporarily out of stock and is passing orders to affiliates like Cooking.com that charge for shipping.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I’m not sure how a new one is packed... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>See the Packaging article for photos of original packaging. At least your box sounds original.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I debated if I should post this message because I now know this board receives some it’s support from Amazon for orders that originate from this site. When I order my ET-73 I’ll link to Amazon from TVWB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No worries, doesn't matter how you get your WSM. There are other ways you can help support TVWB.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...as soon as I post this message I’m going over and make a Paypal contribution so this board will be around for many smokes to come. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you!

Regards,
Chris

In my opinion, Amazon is the best place to buy due to their return policies and their total commitment to customer satisfaction. Some e-bay purchases may be a little cheaper but they will not always guarantee replacement or your money back. Amazon does offer free shipment, but you have to chack the Super Savings block mentioned by Chris.

I ordered my new WSM from Amazon on Nov 12 and it arrived here on Nov 18th. I buy a lot of things from them and have never been disappointed. They rule!

Ray

Ray, you area absolutely correct, there is a certain amount of risk involved in purchasing off of Ebay. Had I found the free shipping I would have ordered from Amazon because the $40 savings wouldn't have been worth the risk. However, $80 in savings was just too tempting to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back