Any one use a grease pan with drain on side on the Silver/Gold/Platinum grills?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
My current Genesis Platinum has the drip drawer pan with the center hole (#99250):
Which by the way seem to be out of stock everywhere. I wonder if these have been discontinued as well

The Spirit models which followed the older Genesis came with drip drawer pans with the hole on the side (#69804):
There was even a fancy SS version:

Anhow I don't need to replace mine but I like to get some more room in my cabinet and move the tiny drip pan to the side instead of having it hanging in the center.
Basically using part 69804 with this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WEPH98/?tag=tvwb-20

Anyone done that?

First issue is whether the new ones are the same size. Not sure about that.

Second issue is that the new style is designed to go with a bracket that holds the grease pan attached to the floor of the grill. The classic Genesis grills don't have anything like that and are designed to have a holder that locks into the bottom of the pull out tray. I don't think one of those will fit in the new tray both because the opening is different and because of how far over to one side it is.

With all that said, IF the tray is the same size, I am sure you could cobble something together that would work. I would suggest you keep looking for a donor grill or someone with a tray they are willing to sell.

What Jon said. It would be interesting to see if they fit the old style grills though.

Looks to be not wide enough by 3/8"...11-3/4"x17-7/8"W vs 12-1/4"x17-1/2"W. Maybe with some wider z-bars it would work, or possibly slot the holes in the existing bars and move each one inboard by 3/16".

Back