Any Labor Day Charcoal Deals?

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'm down to a bag and a half of K-Pro. Any word on upcoming sales, or are they a thing of the past now?

I haven’t see a sale all year. I gave up and just bought when Ace Hardware had a 10% off deal and then got some Jealous Devil from a friend.

HD has the twin 20lb packs of KBB on sale for $16.88. Price is good until 9/8. Not the best sale by any means, but considering they haven't had it on sale at all since start of the pandemic, better than no sale....

My HD flyer for this week shows twin 20# Kbb for regular price, $19.88.
Haven't been there in person to see if it's less, or how much is in stock.

After years of loading up on KBB at HD I still have six bags of the ten of it I bought three years ago. With the pandemic and the summer charcoal restrictions and the purchase of our camp chef since last Labor Day I've only gone through al little over one bag of KBB and about a half bag of Stubbs.
Also gone from four charcoal burners down to one.
Amazing how fast things change.

After years of loading up on KBB at HD I still have six bags of the ten of it I bought three years ago. With the pandemic and the summer charcoal restrictions and the purchase of our camp chef since last Labor Day I've only gone through al little over one bag of KBB and about a half bag of Stubbs.
Also gone from four charcoal burners down to one.
Amazing how fast things change.
My grilling story is very similar Rich, except I’ve kept the same # of grills, if not increased by a few. I’ve also dumped KBB in favor of B&B Oak Briquettes and not only is it cleaner and hotter burning than KBB, at $8.99 for a 17.6lb bag it’s a little cheaper too.

My HD flyer for this week shows twin 20# Kbb for regular price, $19.88.
Haven't been there in person to see if it's less, or how much is in stock.
The HD app will show you inventory levels when you select a product. 107 in stock by me and on sale.

Attachments

• C1F7B728-2599-4573-98FB-A5431AE54388.png
    C1F7B728-2599-4573-98FB-A5431AE54388.png
    303.6 KB · Views: 5
My grilling story is very similar Rich, except I’ve kept the same # of grills, if not increased by a few. I’ve also dumped KBB in favor of B&B Oak Briquettes and not only is it cleaner and hotter burning than KBB, at $8.99 for a 17.6lb bag it’s a little cheaper too.
Hello - where are you getting B&B at $8.99 for 17.6lbs? I love B&B! If you've never tried their lump charcoal- I highly recommend it! Rock steady 6 hr smoke at 250 - 325 (I intentionally raised the temp 3/4 way through cook) Very little ash compared to KBB.

That’s my favorite charcoal but it’s been out of stock at my ACE for awhile. I have one bag left for Labor Day.
I am with you Jeff, I really like it also, but struggle to get it regularly and I go through a lot of charcoal! For a while I was buying Blue Hog Briquets when I could not get B&B, but then I started buying Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets for 8 buck for a 15 lb. bag from Tractor Supply. I have been getting four bags every two to three weeks and love the price, the availability, and the quality of the charcoal.

Check out the deal Doug got. I do not have a Costco close. Wish I did.
Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets 2 x 18# for $9.97. That's a good deal in my books!!!

Post in thread 'What is everyone's favorite charcoal?' https://tvwbb.com/threads/what-is-everyones-favorite-charcoal.87891/post-989489
Thanks for the heads up on Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets. I'm going to Costco on Fri so will have to see if they have this. That price ending in .97 means it's a clearance item, so no guarantee that the Costco I shop at will still have any left.

Here outside Atlanta Publix has bogo on 16# bags of KBB for $9.89.

Attachments

• 20D1F483-4CB4-4336-AF94-178F83FA4A39.png
    20D1F483-4CB4-4336-AF94-178F83FA4A39.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 9
So I went to Costco yesterday and the one I shop at in Central Point, OR did have the Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets 2 x 18's in stock but at full price ($18.99), so I guess it's NOT a clearance item. No K-Pro in stock at all. So are the Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets replacing their K-Pro? IDK. I thought "Ok fine. I'll just stop at HD on the way home and pick up a couple twin packs of KBB since it's on sale there."

So I stop at HD and go inside thinking this will only take a few minutes. I head over to the aisle where the BBQ stuff is and, lo and behold, there is on KBB in stock. Huh? Did they have a pallet of the stuff in another part of the store like they usually do when they have it on sale? Nope. ***? I even checked online and the site said that the Phoenix, OR store had 88 in stock. Where? On their roof? Talk about a disorganized store. If you didn't know better, you'd think you were in Wal-Mart :mad:

When I go to Costco again next month I'll check if they have an end of season sale on the Cowboy Briquets and if not, I'll go to Lowes and get a couple twin packs of KBB (still get 5% off w/Lowes card) and call it good until next Memorial Day.

I didn’t recall seeing any KPro at Costco this season but I wasn’t really looking until mid June (Folsom CA Costco). I was successful in getting some of the Cowboy at $9.97 this past week though. I stocked up for winter and am sitting on 350+ pounds of various charcoal now. I think I’m good now 😎

Back