Any info on the Weber Summit Silver?

So as I mentioned I got one these out of the trash in April. After doing some research I was just going to end up putting it out to the curb. But now I have gotten a brand new set of flavorizer bars and igniter kit for free. Now I am torn between putting in some work to restore it and buying new burners and grates, or using it as is with the new bars and igniter until more problems come up. The current burners work for the most part except the H part has disintegrated. I got the most expensive part for free so I might go for it.

Using an old thread to ask a question. My Summit came with an almost brand-new lid. I doubt anyone here would want it because we know the Summit is crap. Of course, if I'm wrong let me know. Happy to let someone pick it up and would ship it if you pay the postage.

Here's my question though. Is there any point listing the lid on Craigslist? I'd give it away. Hate to see it go to waste.

Using an old thread to ask a question. My Summit came with an almost brand-new lid. I doubt anyone here would want it because we know the Summit is crap. Of course, if I'm wrong let me know. Happy to let someone pick it up and would ship it if you pay the postage.

Here's my question though. Is there any point listing the lid on Craigslist? I'd give it away. Hate to see it go to waste.
Yeah, didn't need to revive an old thread for this. That grill was in much nicer shape than yours is. If your lid is in pretty nice shape, then listing it may give it a second chance. I would do it.

I'm the original poster- i ended up selling it on craigslist completely AS IS for $100. I even went full disclosure w/ the buyer and told them that the flavorizor bars are hard to find and when they are they are expensive, and that the other parts aren't cheap either. not bad for wheeling a gimpy legged grill 3 houses back to my house and leaving it on my deck for 2 years!
Currently Restoring my 2010 Genesis E-310 now.

DTrinh. That sounds like a good out come for you. I have seen a lot of Summit situations wind up with bad results.

A friend gave me a summit silver, and at first I thought I really scored and became a member here. But after reading this thread, not so much..

My flavorizer bars center piece is busted in a few places. The burner flame cross over tubes are practically rusted in half, so I guess I will set it on the curb soon.

:(

A friend gave me a summit silver, and at first I thought I really scored and became a member here. But after reading this thread, not so much..

My flavorizer bars center piece is busted in a few places. The burner flame cross over tubes are practically rusted in half, so I guess I will set it on the curb soon.

:(
Before you scrap it, post a pic. There may be useful donor parts for another grill.

Here ya go.. I don't mind giving away stuff I was given.

Attachments

• IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 15
The side tables are worth keeping. The righthand side trim and right side swing up table will work on many silver and gold models.

Mike, those can easily be cleaned up to look brand new. Believe me. I have done dozens of them that looked like that to start.

Mike, those can easily be cleaned up to look brand new. Believe me. I have done dozens of them that looked like that to start.
Well, I wish you were local because I would gladly give them to you.. If I were to post this on craigslist, what firm price could I get for it? Im tempted to get a "buy once cry once" griddle.

I got inspired on another forum to tear the summit down and get it running last weekend.

I used 1/8" brass npt plugs in the old cross over holes after tapping the burners. Nice and tight, no gas leakage or flame there and I light it with a propane torch.

I had it tooling along at 475 with valves about half open sunday. The flames looked ok after I poked each hole out with a paper clip and I have about $10 in it so far. Now I have to do some research on how to cook a T bone medium rare.

Thanks everyone.IMG_1653.JPGIMG_1652.JPG

Last edited:

Back