Any advice on a three burner purchase?

SeanMcG

I'm thinking $10 with all the parts that need to be replaced, but is it even worth that?https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3999250843529996/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:88d540d4-639a-4a5a-967d-5b9bd118fa87

For more context, we've owned a Genesis Silver A for nearly 20 years. I've performed regular maintenance and replaced flavorizer bars twice (until I went with stainless), grates twice (again, went stainless the second time), the igniter, the regulator, and the burner tubes (once). Covers are the biggest problem with my A, but I want a 3 burner grill because I use a Silver B on a regular basis at my father-in-laws house (and it just provides more space and heat) Right now, I see the first one (which will require a lot of work) and these two.

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/app/d/westwood-weber-genesis-silver-burner/7359779480.html
and

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2851290281849209/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:88d540d4-639a-4a5a-967d-5b9bd118fa87

Neither of the last two owners want to go below $100 - 125.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
There are many better deals out there to be had.
#1 has potential ... $25 would be fair - come on ... it's RED! :)
#2 guarantee that has a rusted out floor - PASS!
#3 would be a great grill under at $75 or less.

The first one you listed does have potential. It looks like a 13 bar deep box. I recently picked up one similar for free. needs about $150 to get it cooking plus frame repair and cosmetics, and wood work and... You should factor that into your purchase.

The third one looks good too. $150 seems high.

Too bad you are so far away..

Platinum with a side burner for $50

Last edited:
The first one you listed does have potential. It looks like a 13 bar deep box. I recently picked up one similar for free. needs about $150 to get it cooking plus frame repair and cosmetics, and wood work and... You should factor that into your purchase.

So, the second one is a no? I think that it's just dirty. The third one is only willing to go down to $124.

I would not pay anything close to that for that grill. You can find just a good ones for half that or less. If you are not in a rush, just keep looking. You could easily find one for free. One thing I learned about finding Weber grills for rehabbing is that there will always be another. That has saved me a lot of money over the last 3 or 4 years.

I would not pay anything close to that for that grill. You can find just a good ones for half that or less. If you are not in a rush, just keep looking. You could easily find one for free. One thing I learned about finding Weber grills for rehabbing is that there will always be another. That has saved me a lot of money over the last 3 or 4 years.
I do need to work on my patience. Thanks.

That would be a tough commute!

Yeah in all the cases the owners are awfully optimistic IMO. Could be a Boston thing? But around here 1/2 that tops all day long. Patience Grill Hopper Patience
Could be. I tried on a couple today that have been listed two months - no movement on price!

Bruce is right about patience paying off and keeping your eyes open. I got this one for free. I just had to put a new regulator on it.

Attachments

• 20210723_140335.jpg
    20210723_140335.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 19
I looked for a couple months to find this older but solid Silver C I like the work space these have. And I do like east west burners too. The second photo is in the garage of the guy I bought it from. He said he had to much stuff,so I took it off his hands. Oh I paid 140.00 for it.

20210409_120304.jpg20210408_181925.jpg

I would say that is a winner. Not priced for a flip, but for your personal use very worthwhile. I personally like those later Silvers, with or without a closed in cabinet. Without the cabinetry yours will at least breathe. Even so, you will need to keep on that metal bottom as rust wants to develop there. Those double flip-up trays are the best! Way better than the fixed stainless shelves on all the newer Weber Genesis grills.

Not sure where in MA you are, but here is an E-310 for free in Essex. These usually rust out on the base, but looks ok from the outside. Flavorizers need replacing. Grates maybe, burners? I suspect the burners just need a good cleaning, as this isn't all that old.
https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/zip/d/essex-weber-grill/7360430014.html
View attachment 34109
These are good grills. They are the Home Depot version with the Gourmet cooking grates. The El cheapo front piece isn't as good as a door. But it's somewhat functional. Yes the cabinet base is a rust magnet but I've successfully made PT plywood replacements that work great.

Back