Any 4 slice toaster recommendations

Johanas

Hi,

I was looking for a 4 slice toaster for my regular kitchen work. I have one from Cuisinart but it has grown old, yeah they also grow old :p. Regular wear and tear has made it not so useful now.

I was looking for out for the latest ones in the market and came across this article detailing some of the best 4 slice toasters- https://www.hod9.com/best-4-slice-toaster/ - While Cuisinart still remains to be the favorite for me, based on my experience and the fact that I am so used to operating those, was wondering if I should choose some other name over the one I have used for years. The Kitchen Aid Kmt4115cu looks good to me. Anyone has any ideas on the products on the list or if you could recommend one based on your own experiences.

Thanks
Johanas

Maybe have a look at testing from America's Test Kitchen videos. I seem to recall they tested them. Some folks like Consumer Reports but I don't really.

Personally, I like toaster ovens over a plain toaster. More useful functionality and you don't have the issue that a bagel might be too thick to fit in the slot. Any reason why you rather have a regular toaster?

We picked up a Breville, seems to work pretty well. We also haven't found a bagel that won't fit in the slots (even my scratch bagels.)

We've thought about a toaster oven, we haven't come up with much of a use case for an oven that small. I am intending on replacing the [perfectly good] microwave oven over the stove with a combination microwave/convection oven (that I would vent to the outside....) There are a few things that we make that would fit in the that device that won't fit in a toaster oven.

Sadly most toaster ovens cannot make good toast at all or as easily and quickly as a good toaster. They usually dry the bread out long before they toast it because the elements are too far away from the bread. I cannot speak to the infrared types like Panasonic and Breville though. They may do a much better dual purpose job than a regular toaster oven.
Another thing good about a toaster is they're usually much easier to store out of the way.

Personally, I like toaster ovens over a plain toaster. More useful functionality and you don't have the issue that a bagel might be too thick to fit in the slot. Any reason why you rather have a regular toaster?
Regular toaster was sufficing at the moment, hence never got the oven

We picked up a Breville, seems to work pretty well. We also haven't found a bagel that won't fit in the slots (even my scratch bagels.)

We've thought about a toaster oven, we haven't come up with much of a use case for an oven that small. I am intending on replacing the [perfectly good] microwave oven over the stove with a combination microwave/convection oven (that I would vent to the outside....) There are a few things that we make that would fit in the that device that won't fit in a toaster oven.
Yes, Breville, looks to be getting better reviews from actual users. I was speaking to a friend of mine and he too feels Breville is a better choice.

I have an iKich from Amazon, got it for my birthday in August, so far, so good nice long slots for artisanal slices. I have not actually done four “regular size” slices yet. Too soon to say just how it will stand the test of time. It has a “Frozen”button, that adds a bit of extra time when doing things like frozen waffles or slices of bread from the freezer. I like it .

Back