Another year. Another Super Bowl. Another Wagyu Brisket!

I have a 11-14 lb'r coming in from Snake River Farms on Thursday. Did this last year for the Super Bowl and it was OUSTANDING. Made some burnt ends out of the point. My biggest regret was not grabbing enough (slices and ends) for myself because man did that stuff fly off the table within minutes. Smaller crowd this year so everyone, dare I say, should be able to enjoy seconds.

Again I find myself contemplating WHEN to throw this bad buddy on the smoker Saturday night. In a perfect world the brisket is done at 11:00 Sunday morning (PST). From there I seperate the point and take another 3 hours or so to make the burnt ends. The flat sits wrapped in a cooler in the meantime. I'd rather push being late than having it ready too early Sunday morning. I shouldn't have it sitting in the a cooler for more than 3-4 hours? Any suggestions? Also I plan to leave the fat cap as is and just simply trim the fat when it's time to slice.

I envy you Richard, never see Wagyu around here. I've held a brisket three hours no problem with towels in a cooler. Be sure to post some pics!

I completely agree with Scott. At my parties I slice the whole brisky and the point meat goes faster than the flat off the same serving platter.

I hear what you guys are saying about the point but there's another school of thought that will say that burnt ends, although obviously different, are enjoyed just as much. Particularly here in Southern California where's it's rare to find burnt ends in any BBQ joint. Around these parts I'm a legend if I put burnt ends on the table. Slicing up the point along with the flat is simply a delicous whole brisket.

I hear what you guys are saying about the point but there's another school of thought that will say that burnt ends, although obviously different, are enjoyed just as much. Particularly here in Southern California where's it's rare to find burnt ends in any BBQ joint. Around these parts I'm a legend if I put burnt ends on the table. Slicing up the point along with the flat is simply a delicous whole brisket.

Don't forget your camera when you smoke the brisket.. Send me some I'm in Berdoo not far from LA :)

Back