Another Steak Challenge and we have a winner!

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
My nephew Austin came over yesterday to hang out with his favorite Uncle, ME!!! Well, he's a big dude and likes to eat, so I hooked him up with some ABT's, Citrus Wings and a 3.5lb sirloin!

Started off with the ABT's and Wings.
IMG_6453.jpg
IMG_6455.jpg

While the wings and ABT's were cooking, we were enjoying a few adult beverages.
IMG_6458.jpg
IMG_6457.jpg

Time to start snacking.
IMG_6459.jpg

While the snacks and more adult beverages were being enjoyed, the potatoes and vegetables were cooking nicely.
IMG_6480.jpg
IMG_6487.jpg

Threw on a little asparagus for good measure.
IMG_6489.jpg

Potatoes, corn on the cob, onions, asparagus and peppers are done and it's time for the steaks!
IMG_6490.jpg

5.5lbs of Choice Sirloin, the one on the right is Austin's weighing in at 3.5lbs. I did a naked sear and seasoned with Kosher salt, pepper and garlic.
IMG_6494.jpg
IMG_6496.jpg
IMG_6504.jpg

Steaks are done, this is the star of the show!
IMG_6509.jpg

Here he goes......
IMG_6517.jpg
IMG_6518.jpg
IMG_6520.jpg
IMG_6522.jpg

Last bite going down, he was like a machine and the steak was gone in about 10 minutes. What shocked me was the baked potato, sweet potato and two ears of corn he ate after the steak!
IMG_6524.jpg
IMG_6530.jpg
IMG_6536.jpg

Man vs food an man WON!(lampe would be proud)
icon_smile.gif

Great pics and post and food and...!

Well done!

Bless//Me

The big fellla put the hurts to that hunk-o-beef!

Great looking meal Larry!
Did you off diet, and chew some cow too?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
The big fellla put the hurts to that hunk-o-beef!

Great looking meal Larry!
Did you off diet, and chew some cow too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, I actually had half of one of the halves and loved it. You could say yes, I've been off diet for the past two weeks while I've been on vacation. Went to an all you can eat last Monday and probably had 6-7 plates of oysters and clams on the half shell, along with steamed blue crabs and have been sick since.....so I could only manage to eat a small piece of steak, first one since last year! It was tasty too, but there's no way I could even on my best day eat what my nephew ate. He's a machine, 6'1" 260lbs and is like a freaking stone. I wish I was young again.......but I did beat him at shotgunning beers and quarters doing shots of Crown Royal!
icon_biggrin.gif

w0w!
That steak looked AWESOME for 10 minutes!
GreatCookin' Larry, Can I be your nephew next week?

I want to be promoted to "Larry's nephew."

Man...I'm 6'5", 255...and I still can't put it away like that. Well...maybe I could. You sure put out a spread buddy.

Back