Another Memory of sound is gone

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So Ronnie Spector (Be My Baby) is gone. I loved that Phil Spector "Wall of Sound". You could hear it in all his productions most famous with Ronnie and with The Righteous Brothers. But, I think she was the most recognizable to use it

She saved Bruce Springsteen's butt. He was practically out of business late 70's and by making her the lead singer, he was able to sign under a different label than the one he was currently signed with and in dispute

But, few here (No one) have acknowledged the passing of J.D. Crowe, truly an amazing pillar in the world of Bluegrass as well as country music. Without J.D., most of the country music world would have never heard of Keith Whitley.
Just a personal observation.

Thanks
I’m with you on that one and Doyle Lawson retiring. Very sad.
Doyle has been on the road a long time, met him several times, a friend of long standing has done a lot of video with Doyle and his band. They have gotten close over the years. He is still going to be involved in production from what I understand.
I have known quite a few guys that have spent years on the road and after they stopped, the world changed for them not always in a good way.
I hope Doyle enjoys many years of retirement!

Mike are you familiar with Greg Cahill’s band “Special Consensus”? I’ve known Greg for forty odd years, he has been kind of a “teaching band” guys come and go. But the sound is simply smoking hot!

Mike are you familiar with Greg Cahill’s band “Special Consensus”? I’ve known Greg for forty odd years, he has been kind of a “teaching band” guys come and go. But the sound is simply smoking hot!
I am. Been a bluegrass fan for many years and especially the old time bluegrass. 👍

I am. Been a bluegrass fan for many years and especially the old time bluegrass. 👍
Outstanding! Been playing it with my band for 47 years. Mandolin is my particular instrument of choice.
We tend toward, the older style as well. Monroe, Stanley’, Lester and Earl, my banjo player was on the road with Larry Sparks for a while. Hard life!

Those are some of my favorites along with the Osbourne Bros. Thanks for mentioning Larry Sparks, he's one of the best listen to him all the time. Where's the other BG lovers here? I know there here?

The guy that helped me build the cypress table for the double grill in my avatar is my banjo player, I find very little as satisfying as loafing on my deck(he helped with that too) playing a little music while something is rolling along on the grill or smoker.
music and outdoor food are real joys!

Back